Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone else running Mattracks? I got a set last year and they've worked out great so far in the snow. I've got a hunting trip coming up soon but there is no snow in the forecast just lots of rain. Which means the trails/roads will be a sloppy, muddy mess. There is also a lot of rock where I will be. I'm not concerned about traction or anything with the tracks on. I'm mostly concerned about tearing them up. Anyone have any advice? Thanks guys!

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a friend with tracks on a Grizzly 700 and he doesn't like to run them in the mud. He says tires are better and easier on the machine. Do you have wheels?
The only set of tires I have are the Tusk Terrabite. Which have proven to be a great tire just not in the conditions I'll be in. They'll just pack in with mud. I was hoping to avoid buying another set of tires, haha. I do still have an extra set of wheels though.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I wouldn't be all that concerned about the tracks getting torn up unless you have the deep snow set with lugs/paddles that are very deep. I would be concerned more about the added stress on your steering. Also, those dry or rocky conditions might be a rough ride on anything but mud bogs and snow.

You would know this more than most of us if you can put up with the reduced speed the tracks have as a side effect.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Snowmobile tracks depend on the snow for lubrication, mud riding tears up expensive snomo suspension parts. I'm too cheap to tear up something as expensive as SxS tracks in the mud but I'm not trying to get to an otherwise inaccessible hunting site either.

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't be all that concerned about the tracks getting torn up unless you have the deep snow set with lugs/paddles that are very deep. I would be concerned more about the added stress on your steering. Also, those dry or rocky conditions might be a rough ride on anything but mud bogs and snow.

You would know this more than most of us if you can put up with the reduced speed the tracks have as a side effect.
I intentionally did not buy the set with super deep lugs for that reason. I bought a set with more "all terrain" rubber on them. And mattracks come with several grease fittings on each track, which I'm diligent about using. However, like others have mentioned, it could prove an expensive fix if anything goes wrong. Not sure the wife will be pleased if I send another $1000 on tires either though.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The only set of tires I have are the Tusk Terrabite. Which have proven to be a great tire just not in the conditions I'll be in. They'll just pack in with mud. I was hoping to avoid buying another set of tires, haha. I do still have an extra set of wheels though.
You have a wench right?......I'd slap the Terrabites on and IF you end up stuck then pull some line and keep going 🤷‍♂️ be a lot cheaper then a new set of tires you might not use all that often.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You have a wench right?......I'd slap the Terrabites on and IF you end up stuck then pull some line and keep going 🤷‍♂️ be a lot cheaper then a new set of tires you might not use all that often.
☝️☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️
Work smarter not harder;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!