May 26, Mill Creek Trail Ride

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
First off, kudos on the nice video. I've looked around just east of that area, (Batson, Oark) but I've never been to White Oak Falls. I have a Can Am Commander and a Talon R. Would I be better off taking the more narrow Commander? I was thinking about it anyway since the Can Am generates a lot of heat in the cabin. While that's a huge drawback in the summer, it might feel pretty good right now.
Your Talon will be able to go anywhere. The trails are plenty wide enough. I've seen Jeeps down the trails. A small group of us went last weekend. I was going to ask your daughter and her family if they wanted to ride with us, but I got busy trying to get the group r eww ady to go and they got away. Next time we go I will try to remember to let you know.

Reactions: ArkansasTalon
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@
Your Talon will be able to go anywhere. The trails are plenty wide enough. I've seen Jeeps down the trails. A small group of us went last weekend. I was going to ask your daughter and her family if they wanted to ride with us, but I got busy trying to get the group r eww ady to go and they got away. Next time we go I will try to remember to let you know.
@Razorback is white oak falls where you took us that day we did like 70 miles?

Also have you made the journey from Mill creek to Buckhorn ? I want to make that ride once to see how it is

Reactions: Pilgrim
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
@

Also have you made the journey from Mill creek to Buckhorn ? I want to make that ride once to see how it is
@

Yes, that was White Oak Falls.

I haven't done a full ride from Buckhorn to Mill Creek yet. But from Buckhorn Freedom Road trailhead its dirt road to Wislow. Then to Frog Bayou trail. It's a fairly easy trail. Some of the stream crossing are a little sketchy. A couple of illegal trails off of it that are beautiful. Dirt road to Mill Creek. Like I said, haven't done the full ride but have done pieces of it.

A few of us had talked about a overnight camp trip to ride both trails.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I haven't done a full ride from Buckhorn to Mill Creek yet. But from Buckhorn Freedom Road trailhead its dirt road to Wislow. Then to Frog Bayou trail. It's a fairly easy trail. Some of the stream crossing are a little sketchy. A couple of illegal trails off of it that are beautiful. Dirt road to Mill Creek. Like I said, haven't done the full ride but have done pieces of it.

That is exactly what I am thing of .. but I want to just ride the trail in between first to see

Reactions: Razorback
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
That is exactly what I am thing of .. but I want to just ride the trail in between first to see
That's what I was thinking about too. Need to check out the spots to camp. If you want a tag along on the ride let me know.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I was thinking about too. Need to check out the spots to camp. If you want a tag along on the ride let me know.
Yes, definitely let me know when you are going to ride and I will make it if I can. I had fun on our last ride to white rock falls

ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R

Are you using any sort of mapping app, or just going off memory? Anyone else got a mapping app they'd recommend? I've used Avenza but some of the forest service maps are way out of date and show roads that are no longer there.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you using any sort of mapping app, or just going off memory? Anyone else got a mapping app they'd recommend? I've used Avenza but some of the forest service maps are way out of date and show roads that are no longer there.
I have not found a great mapping system that has all of the AR trails as of yet. At mill creek you can use mapplets - it is basically a geo referenced map that will show your position. Note they only have the legal trails on there. Buckhorn has their own map that is maintained very well
Upload 2019 11 4 9 4 47
QR code to download it or I have attached the PDF here (can be used with Avenza

Lifetime trail maps have Mac pines / Moccasin Gap trails. The most up to date maps for AR are suppose to be the MVUM map put out by the forest service but that only happens once a year.

So it in not all in a convenient place to get to that I have found yet.

Attachments

• Buckhorn_OHV_Trails.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 201
ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have not found a great mapping system that has all of the AR trails as of yet. At mill creek you can use mapplets - it is basically a geo referenced map that will show your position. Note they only have the legal trails on there. Buckhorn has their own map that is maintained very well View attachment 164485 QR code to download it or I have attached the PDF here (can be used with Avenza

Lifetime trail maps have Mac pines / Moccasin Gap trails. The most up to date maps for AR are suppose to be the MVUM map put out by the forest service but that only happens once a year.

So it in not all in a convenient place to get to that I have found yet.

The Boston Mountain MVUM link doesn't seem to be working. I've also tried downloading Google Map sections. You can still access them even when you don't have cell service. Colorado has CoTrex. Check that out if you ever ride out there. Arkansas could definitely use something like that.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!