P500 Maybe paranoid?

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Ok guys. Been loving the new ride. Every now and then will hear a noise like maybe dragging a stick or a leaf in the wheel. Never find anything. Normal? Maybe an issue? Only 34 miles. My first new machine so I'm cautious

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok guys. Been loving the new ride. Every now and then will hear a noise like maybe dragging a stick or a leaf in the wheel. Never find anything. Normal? Maybe an issue? Only 34 miles. My first new machine so I'm cautious
Next time you hear it, try applying the brake see if the sound goes away

Reactions: trigger
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Have you looked in the belly aound the drive shafts? You may have something rubbing in there. Pay attention to when you hear the sound and what your driving through at that time it may give you a clue. My honda rancher would make a squeaking sound from time to time and it was coming from where the front axle entered the diff. Drove me crazy but never caused a problem.

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks. Could be nothing. Only a few miles on machine so will keep an eye on it. More annoying than anything. Kinda sounds like when putting leaves in bicycle tire. Only does it seldom

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
My rear pinion brake does that from time to time. Just an annoying rubbing sound. A tap of the brakes usually quitens them down for a few.

Reactions: CURTK
C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Appreciate the feedback. I'm the kinda person that any little noise or something seeming off stresses me out lol. Guess I should get used to it. Always had old beat up quads but being my first new ride I want to stay on top of things and make it last long as possible.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Appreciate the feedback. I'm the kinda person that any little noise or something seeming off stresses me out lol. Guess I should get used to it. Always had old beat up quads but being my first new ride I want to stay on top of things and make it last long as possible.
I know what you mean. Noises drive me nuts. And I was surprised a little (like you) that the P500 was SOOOO much louder than the typical ATV.

But, the longer you stay on the pages of this here forum, the BETTER the solutions get... Like buy this --> Amazon.com: Automotive Heat, Sound and Noise Insulation Padding: Automotive and you'll be a step in the right direction!

advertisement
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Do you really? You don't find it that loud do you?
Do you really? You don't find it that loud do you?

Under the hard roof I do find the noise level high enough to warrant hearing protection. Around the acreage I wear shooting earmuffs. On the trail, my open face helmet doesn't attenuate the sound much so I try to wear earplugs. I dont need earplugs with my full face hybrid helmet. Exposure to the noise for a couple of hours at a time can't be good for anyone... my hearing is marginal at best because of all the shooting I've done so I need to protect what I have left.
Al

Reactions: trigger
C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Jacked up the rear end. Spun the tires and could feel a little resistance and some noise from the brake best I could tell. Anyone know how to adjust it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!