P500 Maybe I'll learn..

Ross1147

Ross1147

Jun 27, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
So last summer I posted a thread about me tagging a rock and knocking out my oil plug then running my 500 for over a mile with no oil. Good news it's it's still running strong! Well, for a month or two I was dead set on getting upgraded skid plates but the desire dwindled and I soon forgot about the need. Today I could have used a set of of A-arm guards, though I'm not sure they would have helped. After 1.5 yrs and 1300 miles you'd think I would have learned. I was only going about 5 mph, but when it came through the wheel well it hit my shin pretty hard, then slid down the side of my boot and lodged under the seat. Had to rip my muck boot to get unstuck! Looking back, I was only a few inches away from becoming a eunuch!

IMG 3519 IMG 3520

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So last summer I posted a thread about me tagging a rock and knocking out my oil plug then running my 500 for over a mile with no oil. Good news it's it's still running strong! Well, for a month or two I was dead set on getting upgraded skid plates but the desire dwindled and I soon forgot about the need. Today I could have used a set of of A-arm guards, though I'm not sure they would have helped. After 1.5 yrs and 1300 miles you'd think I would have learned. I was only going about 5 mph, but when it came through the wheel well it hit my shin pretty hard, then slid down the side of my boot and lodged under the seat. Had to rip my muck boot to get unstuck! Looking back, I was only a few inches away from becoming a eunuch!

View attachment 32619 View attachment 32620

Wow, you got lucky! Glad to hear you're ok, that could've been bad.
Skid plates wouldn't have helped for sure coming through the wheel well like it did. Maybe stick stoppers...scary sh**.

D

Deleted member 3748

Close one. Glad it didn't do any serious damage to you. I've seen a few disgusting pics of people who didn't get lucky. I need to do something about that before someone gets impaled. It should be pretty easy to add some aluminum plates inside the wheel wells.

Reactions: rtn001
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Close one. Glad it didn't do any serious damage to you. I've seen a few disgusting pics of people who didn't get lucky. I need to do something about that before someone gets impaled. It should be pretty easy to add some aluminum plates inside the wheel wells.
Great idea Piston!!

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Kawasaki stepped up to the plate and did floorboard mods (steel shields) on the Teryx and Pro FX. Honda really should do the same, as their floorboards are probably even cheesier than Kawasaki.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Custom aluminum plates scheduled to arrive by Feb. 17th See upper post). Will post pics and install effort. Don from Ricochet rock sliders was great to work with and he agreed for me to post he will offer them $25 per pair plus shipping. Shipping cost to Chattanooga was $14. Will likely make new thread (wheel well protectors) to make it easier to search for others. If this recommendation violates forum policy, I understand if admins need to delete it. Just trying to pass on some info.
Wheel well protectors? If so I'm on it!

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
$25 sounds good to me! Beats the hell out of a stick through the shin lol

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Big stick slap today, no worries with metal Protectors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!