Mayhem on the Mountain - September 28th, 2024

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
@JenElio @gparks @NTCPrezJB got any kid dust goggle recommendations

The girls use these and they work really well I also have a set.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JenElio @gparks @NTCPrezJB got any kid dust goggle recommendations
Wolfsnout for the nose and mouth
And any basic pair of MX goggles will do for the eyes especially if they are wearing helmets.

Scott
Answer
100%
Fly
…many other brands for goggles. They don’t need tear off posts or anything. Just make sure they don’t put their finger through the foam in the frame taking them on/off. That and scratches are the two fastest ways to ruin even a high end pair.

Hell I think the Mrs ordered “cute” goggles for the girls for like $10 a pair for TO this year and they were perfectly fine.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Been chatting with @Backwoods about Friday and those who want a shorter ride but want to go see things at Tackett Creek area, Cabin, McLean overlook, Pigeon Roost (called Money Shot before coal company closed it). Can do an offset group leaving 30 minutes after @TripleB to limit the dust train. Leave at 9:30 am and still return around 5pm or so. I'm completely flexible and makes no difference to me. I do not have a set route in mind, just a scenic trail ride. I can go in any direction and show people decent things.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Wolfsnout for the nose and mouth
And any basic pair of MX goggles will do for the eyes especially if they are wearing helmets.

Scott
Answer
100%
Fly
…many other brands for goggles. They don’t need tear off posts or anything. Just make sure they don’t put their finger through the foam in the frame taking them on/off. That and scratches are the two fastest ways to ruin even a high end pair.

Hell I think the Mrs ordered “cute” goggles for the girls for like $10 a pair for TO this year and they were perfectly fine.
Thanks. Did you get the youth version of the Wolfsnouts?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've been through probably 5 different sets of goggles for the kid. These cheap swimming/glasses style have been the best and I think they sell them at DTF right there by RRB for like $10. They don't get scratched as easily as the lexan on the MX goggles and sit a little closer to their face:

QuinnGoggles2

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I've been through probably 5 different sets of goggles for the kid. These cheap swimming/glasses style have been the best and I think they sell them at DTF right there by RRB for like $10. They don't get scratched as easily as the lexan on the MX goggles and sit a little closer to their face:

View attachment 444243

@Adam490, you're too young to remember this, but those glasses remind me of the Sleestaks from Land of the Lost! 😆

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV

View attachment 444243
Do they have foam or actual swimming rubber gaskets?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Also I wanna be clear on the type of ride Friday will be. It's gonna be a long ass ride. With lots of gravel and blacktop. Also the trail that we will be looking for the horses on, is heavily overgrown with Autumn Olive bushes. Nets or upper doors are a blessing, if you have them lol. Try to be at the campground at 8:30 am, leave at 9am and at best, be back 8pm, if nothing goes wrong. Just letting everyone know so you won't be crying about getting back at 1am, machine, face and arms scratched all to hell, eyes and lungs full of dust and 1/8 of your expensive ass tires gone.
@TripleB will there be fuel stops available or should be hauling more than a couple of gallons of gas?

Reactions: Backwoods
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Also the trail that we will be looking for the horses on, is heavily overgrown with Autumn Olive bushes. Nets or upper doors are a blessing, if you have them lol.
If you don't know what an Autumn Olive bush is, let me tell ya: Your body parts will start bleeding just looking at one.

Mrs Scoop just reminded me that we had one of these in one of our flowerbeds (previous homeowners planted it). Every time I got close to it while mowing on the ZT, my left arm would be bleeding in half a dozen places. Suffice it to say, when we had all the landscaping redone a few months back, that bush was the first to go!