P1000 Metal found after washing

R

Robo

Jun 7, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone,

Just recently bought a 2018 1000-5 deluxe leftover. I have taken it out twice and wash after every ride. I noticed two metal cylinders on the ground after washing. Can anyone tell me where these came from or what they are ? I have not noticed any real issues yet. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Image Image

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello everyone,

Just recently bought a 2018 1000-5 deluxe leftover. I have taken it out twice and wash after every ride. I noticed two metal cylinders on the ground after washing. Can anyone tell me where these came from or what they are ? I have not noticed any real issues yet. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

View attachment 137709 View attachment 137710
Does a 6mm bolt fit inside them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
R

Robo

Jun 7, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does a 6mm bolt fit inside them?

No they are only 6.3 mm around. Just odd because one end has like a small depression. My fist thought was a bearing of some sort but I have never seen a bearing with a depression on one end.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No they are only 6.3 mm around. Just odd because one end has like a small depression. My fist thought was a bearing of some sort but I have never seen a bearing with a depression on one end.
Hard to tell from the pics if they are hollow or solid. You're saying solid?.... 6.3mm diameter? Around means circumference in my world....

R

Robo

Jun 7, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard to tell from the pics if they are hollow or solid. You're saying solid?.... 6.3mm diameter? Around means circumference in my world....

My apologies, yes they are solid and have a circumference of 6.3mm.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I Can't think of what it would be. It's not uncommon for things to fall down on the skid plate during production and make its way out during a wash. Most likely its nothing to worry about.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok awesome thank you for responding. I learn a lot about my rig on this forum but when I searched I found nothing. I appreciate your help.
I cant swear its nothing but I've been through these machines enough to be pretty confident those arent a cause for alarm.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Agree,
Both of us are on our second 1000 build and haven't seen this part.
Not saying they dont belong. Just dont have a clue where.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!