P1000 Mid panel: hard or soft?

W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking to add a mid panel to my 1000-5. I was all set to order the hard mid but then I saw it doesnt allow rear fabric doors. I'm not sure if I'll ever add them, but not sure so dont want to lose that option. Are there other reasons that will work with it? If not, how are the fabric mids?

Conundrum as the hard rear and full front hard doors seems like a great option for using the machine in the winter with tracks to run my trapline.

Reactions: Isaiah
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hard doors are about 100lbs each side the mid panel is VERY hard to remove when it warms up. Where youre at the good seal would be very nice. but I don't think its THAT much better than the fabric doors Hondas cab is not the premier cab system.

Reactions: Isaiah and TimG
R

rickoshea

i like that the fabric mid unzips to open it up so i never have to remove it and it won't rattle or scratch.no regrets from me.

Reactions: TimG and ohanacreek
W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I got the mid panel I'd just leave it. The price of the soft doors is much more appealing than the hard, but the note on Hondas install instructions saying cant tow with them is a bit disappointing.

Reactions: TimG
R

rickoshea

i ran mine with the mid panel and hard coat poly windshield with my tracks before my bimini top was delivered and i can tell you i got a lot of snow in my cab 🤣.once the top was installed it weren't so bad.still don't run it with doors.

Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had both, the hard panel, besides expensive, is a major job to remove to work on the rear of the engine area. Running a fabric one now, with hard roof & 801 windshield, works great. That said, in your climate, might need to add a heater.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!