P1000 Mid panel vs rear panel pioneer 1000-5

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Fact is with any full windshield, even the SATV that tilts for a air gap you will get dust. If you don’t want dust in the cab you have to completely seal up cab with full doors and mid panel. Or from the showroom - stripper style, wide open, no windshield or panels.

I have the satv flip up windshield, mid and rear panel. Rear panel definitely stops some dust from getting in the rear but over 25mph you will get dust in the rear and front with a full windshield.
The fabric mid and rear panels have the option of rolling up for airflow or to talk with passengers in the rear. Overall they are ok but scratch very easily and zippers get stuck so rinse with water so they move freely again.
Stripper style....nice!!!! ;)

Can I designate "pics or it didn't happen" to only stripper style?.....asking for a friend.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3A2387C2 57C6 4375 A59A DFA7752E5EDD
22C19AEA FC9C 4F47 B7F6 020392976838
Unfortunately slightly opening the front window doesn’t do much for dust, same amount comes in when windshield fully closed. Have to go full open or completely close cab for minimal dust in the front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My experience after 3 years…

1. Windshield full open, mid panel rolled up open and rear panel closed or open = hardly any dust.

2. Windshield full open, mid panel and rear panel closed = minimal dust in front but lots of dust in rear.

3. Windshield closed or slightly open, mid panel closed, rear panel closed = dust front and rear.

4. Fully enclose front cab with doors = hardly any dust in cab but lots of dust in rear.

Haven’t found a decent deal for rear doors to fully enclose front and rear but I’d think it would really help the rear for dust but some would still come in with all the gaps in the rear.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stripper style....nice!!!! ;)

Can I designate "pics or it didn't happen" to only stripper style?.....asking for a friend.
Lol that’s how they sell them. No accessories, bare bones, stripper model. BTW we have a nice catalog of accessories you can spend the rest of your $$$ on.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With your mid panel on, no hard doors, how well does it do with dust in the summer? I have a hard glass windshield and I am considering adding the mid panel but no full door.

Do you carry passengers with your mid panel still on? Any complaints on how that is?
Typically never carry passengers in the back. I added weather stripping from McMaster Carr to the front doors and it made a HUGE difference. Plan to do something with the rears, but those are much bigger gaps.

Water- and Weather-Resistant Foam Rubber Seal, Surface Mount, Hollow, 3M Backing, 13/16" Wide, 3/4" High

I also used "adhesion promoter" from Amazon for the weather stripping since the doors are textured and that worked really well.

3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, 5 Sponge Applicators (Choose 3, 5 or 25 Qty) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G2BHLG6/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2018GMC and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!