P1000 Mid panel vs rear panel pioneer 1000-5

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all,
Just installed a super atv split windshield. I’ve noticed even with it cracked open, I still get dust swirling in from the back. Now it’s usually just me and a front passenger in the 1000-5 but I occasionally haul rear passengers.

Anyone have experience with the mid vs rear panel? I have been looking at the mid but then my rear passengers will be dusted.

If I just do the rear panel with a hard roof and windshield, will I still get dust coming in from the rear sides?

1000-5 fabric mid panel
0SR95-HL4-211A

1000-5 fabric rear panel
0SR95-HL4-211B

Last edited:
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crap just order rear this morning

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Don't be too discouraged; I have the SATV windshield and dust accumulation was significant, so I installed the rear panel. I can feel positive pressure throughout the cabin while driving since adding it. I haven't had an opportunity to test it on a dusty road yet, but I'm optimistic that there will be significant improvement.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't be too discouraged; I have the SATV windshield and dust accumulation was significant, so I installed the rear panel. I can feel positive pressure throughout the cabin while driving since adding it. I haven't had an opportunity to test it on a dusty road yet, but I'm optimistic that there will be significant improvement.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just joined the forum and noticed your post, I haven't had the chance to test much yet but I just put on a spidershade sun shade to use as a rear panel on my 1000-5. Was checking it out at the 4x4 shop and the guy said it's a bimini for a TJ. Anyhow, it's a little long but width is perfect for the cage, it's made out of very fine heavy duty mesh. Hoping it'll be enough to interrupt the dust swirl!

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered the mid panel.

Anyone running windshield + mid panel + rear panel?

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update ~ mid panel works great for keeping front seat dust free. I’ve noticed that There is a blast of air right behind your head.

Problem now is rear seat is getting all the dust.

I ordered the rear panel as well.

Going to try SATV split windshield, mid panel, rear panel.

Will update when I Go ride in dusty conditions again.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The back panel cuts some of the dust down but doesn't solve the problem. When driving anything faster then 35mph the dust still rolls in. We usually open up the window vents in the front to keep some of the dust out. We are thinking about buying the Aegis Air Spoiler or something similar to it.

20181202 134143

L

Lundude

Jul 16, 2019
Ut
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok, new scenario, i have the JEI bed extender. If I put the rear soft panel on,do you guys think it will work, being that the tailgate will be down and the panel being a bit short then?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, new scenario, i have the JEI bed extender. If I put the rear soft panel on,do you guys think it will work, being that the tailgate will be down and the panel being a bit short then?
Yep. I've got the same setup. Zippers hold great.

BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the split windshield with a Honda brand rear panel on my 1000-5. I haven't used it in terribly dusty conditions, but I can tell a remarkable improvement of positive air-pressure that eliminates exhaust odor just driving on paved roads in the neighborhood.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run mid and rear panel. When I have rear passengers I open mid panel. The rear panel helps keep a lot of the dust behind the machine out. Not all by any means but rear doesn’t get nearly as dusty.
Seems like the best dust free experience is no front window no mid and rear is optional. Front window disturbs the positive airflow and creates a negative pressure that sucks dust in from sides and rear of machine. But it is needed in cool or wet weather!

I still am running no upper doors on front and rear. Just to much $$$ $600 for front OR rear?

Summers coming so can get by. May have to break down this coming winter and get doors.

G

grallison14

Jul 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just purchased the OEM hard rear mid panel and doors. Does anyone know if one has to be installed before the other? I already installed the doors and it looks like I should have installed the rear panel first as it looks like the B-pillar door mounts are supposed to lay over top of the hard rear mid panel?

Reactions: Lady01
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just purchased the OEM hard rear mid panel and doors. Does anyone know if one has to be installed before the other? I already installed the doors and it looks like I should have installed the rear panel first as it looks like the B-pillar door mounts are supposed to lay over top of the hard rear mid panel?
Mid panel first. My mid panel stays on all the time. I take the hard doors off in the Spring and put the half doors back on

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mid panel first. My mid panel stays on all the time. I take the hard doors off in the Spring and put the half doors back on

With your mid panel on, no hard doors, how well does it do with dust in the summer? I have a hard glass windshield and I am considering adding the mid panel but no full door.

Do you carry passengers with your mid panel still on? Any complaints on how that is?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With your mid panel on, no hard doors, how well does it do with dust in the summer? I have a hard glass windshield and I am considering adding the mid panel but no full door.

Do you carry passengers with your mid panel still on? Any complaints on how that is?
A mid panel is pretty much the best thing you can do for dust in the summer. I have had one for quite a few years and has helped alot. Note, you will NEVER get rid of the dust! Its a SXS and way too many gaps to fill. During hunting season i have buddys that ride in the back with the mid panel up. They dont complain. Summer time..well they would most likely b**** cuz the mid panel stops most of the dust from the rear gets swirled around and trapped in the bed. Thats what your stopping with a mid panel. You can try just a rear panel when u have rear passengers to see if that helps

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fact is with any full windshield, even the SATV that tilts for a air gap you will get dust. If you don’t want dust in the cab you have to completely seal up cab with full doors and mid panel. Or from the showroom - stripper style, wide open, no windshield or panels.

I have the satv flip up windshield, mid and rear panel. Rear panel definitely stops some dust from getting in the rear but over 25mph you will get dust in the rear and front with a full windshield.
The fabric mid and rear panels have the option of rolling up for airflow or to talk with passengers in the rear. Overall they are ok but scratch very easily and zippers get stuck so rinse with water so they move freely again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!