P500 Mileage /Hours. ..on your pioneer 500....

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Check out the video
...that tree is shading them...
rocks....perfect...plus had
on sunglasses..
I take full & all blame...
Sounds funny..saying this..bout the
p5.........but.
...Speed was the main factor...
haha
that's some funny s***

J

JTW

Rocks were in the shadows....
had 10 feet..to stand on brakes..
your an ex p5 owner....you know
...when ya hit 5th gear.....the other side
of mach.,something...it was a blurr...
haha..
my fault..totally...
nobody got hurt...
nobody walked out...
can fix it...myself....
Lol.. glad you’re ok! Yep, s*** happens!

Reactions: Miss_Oak and rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Check out the video
...that tree is shading them...
rocks....perfect...plus had
on sunglasses..
I take full & all blame...
Sounds funny..saying this..bout the
p5.........but.
...Speed was the main factor...
haha
that's some funny s***

Just had it happen to me a few weeks ago, trying to keep up with a P1 on trails I had never ridden before. Crested a small hill too fast and rode into hell, like riding a mechanical bull. Probably would have been injured if I hadn't been wearing a lap belt, scared the sh** out of both of us! Taught me a lesson.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
900 miles, 225 hours, lot of slow trails and idleing during trail maintenance. No problems, just oil changes and adding stuff. And about a 55 gallon drum of mud washed off!

Reactions: rocmar
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
2017 Honda P500:
1,065 miles 137 hrs 7.8 mph avg

2013 Honda Rubicon 500:
1,414 miles 197 hrs 7.2 mph avg

The atv does more work around the acreage so that explains the slower average speed.
Al

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
18034 km 949 hours 2015 pioneer 500 changed origanal front brakes out at 17500 km.
Welcome to the club Todd, you might have the record miles here, glad to know the rides doing well after all those miles.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Wow,that’s impressive! I have 980 hours and 7,600 miles. You must drive with wide open throttle all the time! Btw welcome to the club!
Whoa! That's a lot of miles...what maintenance/repairs have you had to make to your unit? I'm up to 71 miles on my new 2018. :)

Reactions: 500oneer
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Whoa! That's a lot of miles...what maintenance/repairs have you had to make to your unit? I'm up to 71 miles on my new 2018. :)
All he mentioned was brakes. ;)

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I had the brakes cleaned at the dealer,it would have been cheaper to replace them,but they are still original. Maintenance has been oil change and air filter cleaning every 700 miles and valve adjust about every 1,700 miles. Cv boot ripped but I don’t have guards for them so really my fault. Great machine!

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I had the brakes cleaned at the dealer,it would have been cheaper to replace them,but they are still original. Maintenance has been oil change and air filter cleaning every 700 miles and valve adjust about every 1,700 miles. Cv boot ripped but I don’t have guards for them so really my fault. Great machine!
Have you noticed anything change with valve adjustments? I'm a little skeptical because I bought a new 2016 Honda Rancher, and at the break-in service had the valves adjusted (according to owners manual) and the motor was immediately noisy in the valve train! I just figured it was how it should be, but it remained surprisingly valve-noisy for the next 3300 miles till I sold it, despite two more valve adjustments. My motor in this new Pioneer 500 sounds so good, I don't know that I want to mess with it unless I have a reason to....???

J

JTW

Have you noticed anything change with valve adjustments? I'm a little skeptical because I bought a new 2016 Honda Rancher, and at the break-in service had the valves adjusted (according to owners manual) and the motor was immediately noisy in the valve train! I just figured it was how it should be, but it remained surprisingly valve-noisy for the next 3300 miles till I sold it, despite two more valve adjustments. My motor in this new Pioneer 500 sounds so good, I don't know that I want to mess with it unless I have a reason to....???
Don’t mess with it unless it gets noisy

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
i have the dealer do it. the first valve adj was too much of a pia to take it back to the dealer so i just waited to 600 miles,then do it at about every 1,700 miles. i feel it starts easier after the adjustment.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think that's what I'll do. Thanks.
If you have an outstanding dealership with high reviews or that you have experience with and trust, that’s probably fine. I’m not that impressed with my local dealership. I’m near 3,000 miles on mine and it snaps off immediately when it’s warmed up, as long as that’s the case I’m not taking mine in for adjustment. And if I do, I’ll be trailering it across the state to the large reputable dealership. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have an outstanding dealership with high reviews or that you have experience with and trust, that’s probably fine. I’m not that impressed with my local dealership. I’m near 3,000 miles on mine and it snaps of immediately when it’s warmed up, as long as that’s the case I’m not taking mine in for adjustment. And if I do, I’ll be trailering it across the state to the large reputable dealership. Just my two cents.
Same story here, my dealer never done it before also. When I took there they said don't bother do any valve adjustment. But if I insist they can try to do it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!