100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was in Montana last summer never got to ride there due to truck issues and then much of it was on fire. It was the 1st time in a long time I didn't make it to Glacier NP. I'm no big fan of Gov Parks but Glacier always brings me back. Nonetheless, you can't ride there but there are areas in NW Montana id like to explore more besides behind the wheel of my truck. I wonder how a P5 -Grizzly encounter might go...? As I mentioned , I've been to a fair amount of Montana National Parks and N. Forests, but I've done next to no trail riding there. Is there anybody on here that might have some suggestions for places to ride? Ive been through the Yaak but never up any trails. I like the Gallatin NF and the Beaverhead-Deerlodge Bitterroots...Any suggestions for great trails would be most welcome. Thanks
IMG 1077
Fullsizeoutput 2d3
Fullsizeoutput 266
Fullsizeoutput 191
Fullsizeoutput 2ea
Fullsizeoutput 241
IMG 0047

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gonna be in Montana soon on my way to see @CumminsPusher. It's only 4.5 hours from his place to Glacier so if I get there during the week while he's working, I may take a brief backroad Montana detour. Still looking for suggestions on places to ride in Montana. Thanks.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Gonna be in Montana soon on my way to see @CumminsPusher. It's only 4.5 hours from his place to Glacier so if I get there during the week while he's working, I may take a brief backroad Montana detour. Still looking for suggestions on places to ride in Montana. Thanks.
I wonder what GNP will be called when the last glacier disappears in 2030?

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder what GNP will be called when the last glacier disappears in 2030?
Rocky Park of less water. It's been on fire a lot lately too. Of course its all because of weather modification. Look up "Operation Popeye" from 1965.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Rocky Park of less water. It's been on fire a lot lately too. Of course its all because of weather modification. Look up "Operation Popeye" from 1965.
Or, HAARP more recently. ;)

C

Car7x

Dec 1, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi - new member here, soon to buy a p5. One of my primary applications will be MT trails. I live in Mpls area but have a trout/elk shack in the foothills of the Gravelly Range, just S of Ennis MT. The Gravellys and the Greenhorns have some great trails. Easy to source maps, just google it.

My hunting pal has an ATV, and while we haven't encountered an official bent on writing tickets, we have some issues to sort out. There are UTV legal trails, but he has heard no SxS, just Handlebar operated rigs. And, many FS roads are legally public roads, so we've heard the SxS would have to be street legal. And, is that street legal in MN, where registered in our case, or MT? And, what is street legal? Pretty squishy.

That said, we see all manner of ATVs running there especially during big game firearms. Also, big country and low enforcement manpower, and the interactions I've had on the river and in the bush have all been with typically friendly western officers, never anything unreasonable.

What do you folks know about how/where to get definitive info on trail legality? Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!