P500 model number Question

Moose4

Moose4

Dec 9, 2018
Cedar City, Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I was looking at the paperwork from the dealer where we bought our new 2018. They refer to the model as a SXS500M2J. I have looked over the rig and don't see any sticker with that number on it, Any idea what the "J" refers to? Haven't seen any reference to it anywhere. The service manual has A & 2A for 49 states, AC & 2AC for Kalifornia, and CM & 2CM for Canada. No reference to a letter J anywhere. Also, what's the difference between the A & 2A models?

Just curious is all.

Sam

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sorry. I dont know.
I will report back if I find anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That letter refers to the 10th digit of the VIN which also indicates the model year.

A- 2010
B- 2011.....
J- 2018

Standard across all VIN numbered vehicles, I and O are skipped because they look too much alike the numbers 1 and 0.

As for the A and 2A I think they are referring to Camo or other colors.
Props.

H

HondaTech

I guess it's like roman numerals... I'm ZZG in VIN Years.

Sort of but once the alphabet loops around they start over with numbers.

2010 was the start of letters again before that 2009 was 9, 2008-8 and so on. Theyll keep using letters until Z then switch back to numbers again. If you ever want to know what year any VIN labeled vehicle using the standard 17 digit VIN is look at the 10th digit.

You have to realize that some 80s and 90s models have the same as the last few model years. But common sense will tell you if it's an 80s model or not.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!