P1000 Moose RM4 Snow Plow System

Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can take more photos of how it looks raised to give you a better idea. The soonest would be tomorrow afternoon after I get off work. Just let me know if you need anything else and I'll try to help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Eltogbi I agree with you that just doesn't look right I think @tjoreo is right about their information being based off of 700 or something along those lines. That scares me to not have that fitting right and you having to do so much to get it to fit. Really sucks to receive something so far off when you need it most I'm really sorry buddy!!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Eltogbi I agree with you that just doesn't look right I think @tjoreo is right about their information being based off of 700 or something along those lines. That scares me to not have that fitting right and you having to do so much to get it to fit. Really sucks to receive something so far off when you need it most I'm really sorry buddy!!
Thanks CP! I'm making a call when they open today to negotiate! Ive looked at a lot of other products but nothing I've seen comes close to this one for the money! Seriously considering taking the bumper off and having the mount welded at the top points where the u- bolts attach and at lower points and bypassing the lower mount points which use the longer bolts. But, only if Denniskirk will make it up to me! It would be a big hassle either way to disassemble and re box this stuff up to return ship!:(

Reactions: CumminsPusher
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious if you had talked to Moose. I downloaded the 2017 catalog and that's where I got the pioneer info on the rm4 mount. I would be curious if they had a the mount out for the 1000 yet or if even close on one. Heck the weather in ND is too cold for plowing anyways. I had -7 yesterday and I'm sure you're colder then that. Good luck.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just curious if you had talked to Moose. I downloaded the 2017 catalog and that's where I got the pioneer info on the rm4 mount. I would be curious if they had a the mount out for the 1000 yet or if even close on one. Heck the weather in ND is too cold for plowing anyways. I had -7 yesterday and I'm sure you're colder then that. Good luck.
Nothing Yet from Moose. Did contact Dennis Kirk and they are acknowledging the error! I told them i would wait to hear from Moose and then contact them. No need to plow now. We received an inch or so last night but no need to worry. I do have the Moose Plow system on my 2011 Foreman if i really need to. I will post more when i find out. Thanks!

Reactions: tjoreo
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
OK...Got it figured out!
Moose notified me that the mount I have is incorrect (But I already knew that) and the correct part number for the Pioneer 1000 is
#4501-0566!:)

Ok after receiving this information I called Dennis Kirk Customer Service and assisted them in understanding this mistake and ordering the correct mount-cross referenced part #[HASHTAG]#519104[/HASHTAG]. Additionally, I expressed interest in ordering the 72" Moose Plow and they offered to give me a credit of $50 off the price for the trouble! Well...I can tell you I am very happy with the customer service @ Dennis Kirk and can vouch for them as a stand up company! Should have everything by Wednesday!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
OK...Got it figured out!
Moose notified me that the mount I have is incorrect (But I already knew that) and the correct part number for the Pioneer 1000 is
#4501-0566!:)

Ok after receiving this information I called Dennis Kirk Customer Service and assisted them in understanding this mistake and ordering the correct mount-cross referenced part #[HASHTAG]#519104[/HASHTAG]. Additionally, I expressed interest in ordering the 72" Moose Plow and they offered to give me a credit of $50 off the price for the trouble! Well...I can tell you I am very happy with the customer service @ Dennis Kirk and can vouch for them as a stand up company! Should have everything by Wednesday!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You get s*** done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the find and thanks for the info. I'm sure someone along the way will greatly appreciate your hard work. I'll make sure and send the snow your way so you can give it a try. Enjoy.

Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad you got it all figured out. Post pics of it when you get it done.

Reactions: tjoreo and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Glad you got it all figured out. Post pics of it when you get it done.

Will do! Thanks for all your help! I cant find a picture of the mount anywhere online so I will be sure and take lots of pics! Maybe even a video or two!;)

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Got the parts in I ordered....so was able to put it together and get er mounted...
IMG 6075
Mount was simple to install 4 bolts with washers and two spacers...
IMG 6071
She squats the front end when lifted...IMG 6073

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wanted to try it out tonight but decided to clean the winch instead...I was surprised how much dirt and water had made its way into it! She's cleanish and freespool works now! So I will give a review soon!;)

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I'm glad it worked out for you. It sure makes my homemade setup look, well "homemade". I don't think you will regret it. Like I said I'll send the snow your way.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
:eek:That's not funny about sending the snow my way. We already have almost two feet on the ground and there is a chance for a similar storm through xmas! Oh well if it hits I will be able to test it! Now if @Hondasxs will just send me some more decals I can break up all that yellow;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Got to test her out today with the Moose RM4 snowplow system

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
She pushes nicely! That's almost cheating lol

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Quick Update on the Moose RM4 quick attach plow system for the 1000-5:( The 1000 is too much machine and has too much power for this plow system (per customer service @ Dennis Kirk). Pushing as recommended with the blade angled puts too much force on both the frame mount and the push tube structure at the pivot point. These are photos of the disassembled push tube...
IMG 6142
IMG 6143 IMG 6145

IMG 6146
Notice the flat part...it should be parallel with the desk top.

Dennis Kirk's customer service is second to none. They didn't try to get out of the warranty and offered to replace with en exact match at no cost, but explained the Honda 1000 is too much machine! They did state it is fine for the 500 or possibly the 700. They stated however that they could not replace it if it happened again after sharing this fact with me! They continued on to recommend the HD Push Tubes and Bottom Frame mount as a better fit for the 999cc powerhouse 1000;).
I boxed it up and have sent it back at no cost to me and will receive the new set up next week. Hope this helps someone from going through the same thin I have!
Again can't say enough good things about Dennis Kirk!!!!! Check them out great company all around...:cool:
Motorcycle, ATV/UTV and Snowmobile Parts and Accessories - Dennis Kirk, Inc.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!