Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Quick Update on the Moose RM4 quick attach plow system for the 1000-5:( The 1000 is too much machine and has too much power for this plow system (per customer service @ Dennis Kirk). Pushing as recommended with the blade angled puts too much force on both the frame mount and the push tube structure at the pivot point. These are photos of the disassembled push tube...
View attachment 30343
View attachment 30347 View attachment 30346

View attachment 30345
Notice the flat part...it should be parallel with the desk top.

Dennis Kirk's customer service is second to none. They didn't try to get out of the warranty and offered to replace with en exact match at no cost, but explained the Honda 1000 is too much machine! They did state it is fine for the 500 or possibly the 700. They stated however that they could not replace it if it happened again after sharing this fact with me! They continued on to recommend the HD Push Tubes and Bottom Frame mount as a better fit for the 999cc powerhouse 1000;).
I boxed it up and have sent it back at no cost to me and will receive the new set up next week. Hope this helps someone from going through the same thin I have!
Again can't say enough good things about Dennis Kirk!!!!! Check them out great company all around...:cool:
Motorcycle, ATV/UTV and Snowmobile Parts and Accessories - Dennis Kirk, Inc.

Holy crap buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Holy crap buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We always knew these were Beasts! Some will say I misused it, but I have been pushing snow with the same Moose set up on my Foreman for 6 years...I know what I'm doing! This does speak to the 1000 being too much machine for this set up. I am thankful for the great customer service! Not sure how I will feel about the new set up...but until they make a beefed up version capable of handling the power it will have to do!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We always knew these were Beasts! Some will say I misused it, but I have been pushing snow with the same Moose set up on my Foreman for 6 years...I know what I'm doing! This does speak to the 1000 being too much machine for this set up. I am thankful for the great customer service! Not sure how I will feel about the new set up...but until they make a beefed up version capable of handling the power it will have to do!
You might have to bump up to a 8 foot plow

Reactions: Eltobgi
Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the HD under mount system and have been pleased with it so far. You'll like it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've got the HD under mount system and have been pleased with it so far. You'll like it.

Thanks @Mike129 my only concern was with the lift height of the blade. Don't really mind climbing under to unhook it, but with the amount of snow on the ground i may have to keep it on to plow trails so i can play:confused:

Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @Mike129 my only concern was with the lift height of the blade. Don't really mind climbing under to unhook it, but with the amount of snow on the ground i may have to keep it on to plow trails so i can play:confused:
I can take a measurement for you tomorrow if you want?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can take a measurement for you tomorrow if you want?

Yes I would appreciate that!:D

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to do the same thing with mine today, but mine was user experience error when I hit a fence post. It took about an hour and a little heat but I finally got mine back up and running. The extra weight of these machines and the added leverage of the wider blade is a bad combination. I've come to realize that something has to give and I'll fix it and make it stronger when the time comes. Hopefully you aren't too disappointed because I really enjoy plowing using the pioneer. But like you i have a homemade plow on my foreman and I have literally beat the sh$& out of it. I keep it around in case it gets really nasty or icy.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had to do the same thing with mine today, but mine was user experience error when I hit a fence post. It took about an hour and a little heat but I finally got mine back up and running. The extra weight of these machines and the added leverage of the wider blade is a bad combination. I've come to realize that something has to give and I'll fix it and make it stronger when the time comes. Hopefully you aren't too disappointed because I really enjoy plowing using the pioneer. But like you i have a homemade plow on my foreman and I have literally beat the sh$& out of it. I keep it around in case it gets really nasty or icy.
I use myPK 8N

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Refresh my memory @tjoreo which plow set up are you running?

advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a combination of moose country plow blade, with polaris push tube and pivot, with honda (warn) factory mount. It's a hinez 57 mix but it works. I really don't think you're going to find anything that can handle the punishment of the added weight of the pioneer and the leverage of the wider plow blade. I'm sure with a couple of inches of snow the manufactured setups are fine. But from your video you are "pushing" the extreme on any of them. Just the nature of the beast. Like I said I've come to realize I will just have to fix the next weak link, and I take it as easy as I can. But I sure enjoy running around plowing all the neighbors out with the radio going, kids in the back, windshield blocking the breeze in single digit weather. That was my enjoyment for today. Good luck which ever way you go.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It's a combination of moose country plow blade, with polaris push tube and pivot, with honda (warn) factory mount. It's a hinez 57 mix but it works. I really don't think you're going to find anything that can handle the punishment of the added weight of the pioneer and the leverage of the wider plow blade. I'm sure with a couple of inches of snow the manufactured setups are fine. But from your video you are "pushing" the extreme on any of them. Just the nature of the beast. Like I said I've come to realize I will just have to fix the next weak link, and I take it as easy as I can. But I sure enjoy running around plowing all the neighbors out with the radio going, kids in the back, windshield blocking the breeze in single digit weather. That was my enjoyment for today. Good luck which ever way you go.
I was prepared to beef up the RM4 system if needed, but I am in agreement with you! The added weight and power will require some tweaking to the set up, maybe very little spring tension and a more agressive blade angle will support the blade tripping feature and prevent damage. If that doesn't work I know a guy who is a master fabricator...no not @CumminsPusher:rolleyes:, but another 10 to 20 lbs of added steel reinforcement may be necessary to handle the force exerted by these beasts! Make sure to post some plowing photos when helping your neighbors;)

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was prepared to beef up the RM4 system if needed, but I am in agreement with you! The added weight and power will require some tweaking to the set up, maybe very little spring tension and a more agressive blade angle will support the blade tripping feature and prevent damage. If that doesn't work I know a guy who is a master fabricator...no not @CumminsPusher:rolleyes:, but another 10 to 20 lbs of added steel reinforcement may be necessary to handle the force exerted by these beasts! Make sure to post some plowing photos when helping your neighbors;)
It sounds like you are on the right track and at least not too discouraged. In my opinion I want the weak link in the plow system itself and not in the mount. Meaning I don't want it so solid that it bends frame or something on the rig. I was having trouble with mine tripping easily with 2 springs so I put 4 on. Well after tweaking the push tube I had to go to 3 springs. Eventually you'll get it figured out.

I will have to send pics of someone plowing but I'll be taking the pic. Like I said the worst and best part of plowing with the pioneer is the comfort factor. After getting mine fixed, my wife told me she was driving and I couldn't get her out of it. At least I wasn't demoted to the back seat. Yet.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So would you guys recommend this snow plow?

I've been looking at Denali plow but I have a KFI winch mount with [HASHTAG]#4500[/HASHTAG] Warn and they say it won't work with my mount.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The Moose Rm4 system with 72" blade may not be able to withstand the pushing force the 1000 exerts, but like I said the customer service representative at Dennis Kirk did support its use on a lower powered machine such as the P5 or P7!
Personally I have used the Moose Plow System on a smaller less powerful machine and love it.
I will review the Moose HD system after installed, but will be more cautious and adjust my pushing technique. I am considering adding the sides to the plow blade and avoiding angling the blade when pushing or clearing old snowfall!
I considered the Denali but from side by side comparison I felt the RM4 Moose system the better choice and still do for a lessor machine!
Lastly, go into the Dennis Kirk website they have another system that looks strong. Just type in your model and under accessories look for plow. Here is the link to the site
Motorcycle, ATV/UTV and Snowmobile Parts and Accessories - Dennis Kirk, Inc.. Good luck and let us know what you decide:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I did see that but a quick call will let you know for how long.

Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
7451101e61708cb5aa8a6b3dc5aa8635

Clearance all the way up is about 16 inches. Hope this helps.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
that's not bad! Do you have a lift or larger tires installed?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!