P1000 most important vent line

J

JTW

View attachment 85406 No, the box is not air/water tight... It is only splash protection. The back is honeycombed and stands off the mounting plate. Since it is seat height, that is all I need and as high or higher than the original location. Since the panel covers it, it should be protected in the rain or from splashes. I used a velcro strap to ensure the lid stays on.

Without venting, I agree, it would be problematic. To be honest with you, I am more worried about bees than water plugging up the works...

Thanks,

FredD
Got ya... some on here have used bellows and it’s caused some seal issues. Just making sure you weren’t setting yourself up for some potential problems.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you Sir! I appreciate your comments... thanks for keeping my best interests in mind!

So here it is complete with rubber drip guard. I think it will do the trick!

I may do the same with the other side for the remaining vents. So far I have about $5 in it with enough hose and another box...

Thanks,

FredD

Reactions: JTW
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Here are the other vent boxes... one behind the passenger seat for the gas vent under the seat and one under the dash above the glove box for the two under the hood.

Last edited:
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't own a P1, are any of those higher than they were before?
Not really... my goal was just to get them out of the frame. I don't plan on going through any water higher than the floor boards and never seat height, so high enough for me!

FredD

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really... my goal was just to get them out of the frame. I don't plan on going through any water higher than the floor boards and never seat height, so high enough for me!

FredD
I thought the that once, then run into a hole crossing a creek found myself with a wet ass

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I thought the that once, then run into a hole crossing a creek found myself with a wet ass

I don't intend to go that deep either but like you said, you never know. My thought was why even mess with them if not taking them higher? Pretty sure they primarily let gases out and not in so really don't understand the logic of filters either? That would be a long skinny passage for dust to travel through. Just my .02 .

Reactions: joeymt33
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't intend to go that deep either but like you said, you never know. My thought was why even mess with them if not taking them higher? Pretty sure they primarily let gases out and not in so really don't understand the logic of filters either? That would be a long skinny passage for dust to travel through. Just my .02 .

You mess with them because the factory placement proved problematic. Water intrusion in even just a rainstorm caused possible damage. So relocating and protection is a must. Expansion and contraction of air means you will draw air in. Out when it is hot, in as it cools. Possible bee/wasp plugging an open tube and dirt dust ingestion means you need something on the end of the open tube.

Personally, I didn't want those long tubes running up my ROPS then sitting exposed under my roof. So I moved the original factory locations to cure problem one and then mounted them in an enclosure to cure problem two.

FredD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!