P1000 Mud Riding Build 32in tires 34in tires

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is interesting... You're doing this to prevent axle binding or overstressing the CV joints? I don't understand how.

Are you tightening everything up while still on all fours, or lifting it back up, then tightening? Thanks
So put the bike on the lift install everything (but don't tighten the bolts) go ahead and put the needed start turns on your 814s, Set the bike on the ground just roll it back and forth maybe even bounce the front and rear with your body weight a few times. Then tighten the suspension bolts while its on the ground NOT the lift. (The reason for doing this is so you don't tighten it all up on the lift and it's preloaded from the suspension being all the way down)

Last edited:
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added the Seizmik Bed Extender along with a Gas tank. The big thing is how I added it the bed still closes.

IMG 7155 IMG 7154 IMG 7153 IMG 7148 IMG 7147

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Sowie and pct
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered a CEC Enclosure today. I hate the idea of the clips sticking out during the summer so I got him to sell me the caps also so I can at least put black caps on during the summer.

L

lbg7602

Mar 22, 2023
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clutch sliced first time out didn't want to say much about it because I had pulled lift off and had it in the shop. Now have new clutches and all upgrades. I have decided to go ahead and get the IGR will be doing it next week while I'm out of town at work.
Hey Bradley, I have a stock 1000-5 machine with a 6" lift, so I know 32s will fit just fine, but I don't want to do the IGR. Based on your experience, do you think I will still have enough power to have fun without doing anything crazy? Most of my riding is just trails and sometimes a few rocks.

Reactions: JenElio
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say no. If I could go back in time I would have waited to do the IGR and only done it if I had too. I had a set of clutches go bad but that was the first set and it was a common issue that year. I was done under warranty and was said to be fixed after new was put it. Personally It would only be added if need if I was you.

Reactions: TripleB and lbg7602
L

lbg7602

Mar 22, 2023
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say no. If I could go back in time I would have waited to do the IGR and only done it if I had too. I had a set of clutches go bad but that was the first set and it was a common issue that year. I was done under warranty and was said to be fixed after new was put it. Personally It would only be added if need if I was you.
That is exactly what I was looking for! You just potentially save thousands of dollars. Thank you so much! Have a great weekend. By the way, do you have a youtube channel or anything like that?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is exactly what I was looking for! You just potentially save thousands of dollars. Thank you so much! Have a great weekend. By the way, do you have a youtube channel or anything like that?

No, I tried to get my 13yr old to do it with me for fun but she told me no.

I just got done with this project

This is my project right now. (Was nitrous) Have to keep my mind busy lol
Adding supercharger, Methanol, Bigger brakes, and much more.

IMG 1709 1
IMG 1937
IMG 1938 1
IMG 1939
69825686211  2051005F 3312 4144 921A 526E5B1437D7

Reactions: trigger and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!