Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have been running a Silent Rider for the past two years on a 700, no smells after the paint burns off and have ridden it over 11,000 foot passes in Taylor Park and Silverton without issues. I agree that it is expensive but so far I buy it again
The people riding behind me were the ones complaining about the smell. Made the machine a little doggy and less responsive. I ended up going the other direction with an HMF to increase air flow.
I tried the silent rider on mine, rode about 3 miles and took it off, completely killed the power, I could barely get up to 30mph & it wouldn't hold speed in 5th gear, sent it back for a refund.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Saunch

Saunch

Sep 8, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Wondering if there are any Honda techs on here who could weigh in as it seems a number of machines are doing it.

Reactions: Mudder
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Wondering if there are any Honda techs on here who could weigh in as it seems a number of machines are doing it.
You mean being noisy? Try every P500 ever made. It's "nature of the beast" and only gets worse once you put a roof & windshield on it. I don't see it as a defect, the P5 was built to a "price point" so engineering $$$ were not spent on new engine tech, noise reduction, etc.

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!