P1000m5 Muffler protection

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
792ac467daa2a644c8cef1b12dd20a12.
Was interested if anybody is as worried about backing into a stump or anything really while out riding and destroying the muffler .even with a bumper up high it still leaves muffler unprotected I'm thinking about building a lower bumper to help this any ideas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This has been a concern for me too as I ride in the woods alot. Have seen ATV bend exhaust bad enough to break manifold bolts. Both of @Delton bumper designs should protect the muffler.

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
During deer season I parked my buggy behind two old grain bins , after the hunt I was in a hurry through all my junk in got in hit reverse and totally forgot about the propane tank that was by them needless to say it was a direct hit hard enough to rattle my fillings loose !!! Thank god I had that 2 inch to 1 1/4 Reese hitch adapter and my ball hitch in cause it took all the impact by sticking out just far enough

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like i read somewhere that some one did have damage to the header pipe from backing into something. I have been planning on making one myself. The top would be bolted to where the cage comes around and the bottom attached to maybe a plate that bolts to the a-arm bolts. Kinda like the hitch plate for rzr. With a pipe cut in half or something.

J

JTW

Been thinking the same thing.. I have my 3 ball hitch in there for the same reason. It need some protection back there.

Reactions: pct
JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A friend has a p700 and his brother barely rolled into the back of it on his 4wheeler and busted all the bolts on the 700

Reactions: dotman1
advertisement
C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 27911.
Was interested if anybody is as worried about backing into a stump or anything really while out riding and destroying the muffler .even with a bumper up high it still leaves muffler unprotected I'm thinking about building a lower bumper to help this any ideas

My concern also. Today I ordered the rear bumper from
strongmade.com item number RBG-55W for the 1000 5.
The pictures show it is low enough to protect the muffler and is wide enough to cover the taillights also. When I get it mounted I will attach a couple of pictures so you can see what it looks like. Bed will tilt with this one attached. $255 shipped.

Last edited:
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My concern also. Today I ordered the rear bumper from SUPERSTRONG.COM for the 1000 5. The pictures show it is low enough to protect the muffler and is wide enough to cover the taillights also. When I get it mounted I will attach a couple of pictures so you can see what it looks like. Bed will tilt with this one attached. $255 shipped.
What was that link again for the bumper??

Thanks

Reactions: dotman1
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!