popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
www.strongmade.com part #RBG-55W fits the 1000 5
Just sliding it into receiver tube and than pining i would think it might rattle a bunch. Emp makes one that bolts up and they claim that you can still use the dump bed

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just sliding it into receiver tube and than pining i would think it might rattle a bunch. Emp makes one that bolts up and they claim that you can still use the dump bed

That occurred to me as well. The step bumper I modified won't allow bed to dump with it on, so I made mount so it can be removed with just one wrench. And no rattles. They get on my nerves.
IMG 20161212 184126990 1336x752

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish i could find a pic of the emp mounts to be able to reverse engineer them. Ive seen a few and its hard to tell. But it looks like it attaches to the frame of the bed and also maybe the hinge of the tail gate? Has any one bought this?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
www.strongmade.com part #RBG-55W fits the 1000 5

I installed it today in less than 10 minutes. 2 bolts (on both sides) for the square tube bracket into the holes where the ROP bars attach above the muffler, then 2 bolts on both sides of the bumper for the square tubes that slide into the brackets, then pin both sides with the supplied hitch pins and clips. Very heavy steel, I am impressed with the quality and ease of installation. Tried very hard to shake it to see if it was going to rattle and I couldn't move it at all. Tested the dump bed function and it opens as it should.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! Any pics?

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Dimitri hat. That's how he contacts the aliens. :eek:
I don't care who ya are, that's some funny s***nizzle right there! Good one!! Btw, the hat looks better in person.

Reactions: Tigermark
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed it today in less than 10 minutes. 2 bolts (on both sides) for the square tube bracket into the holes where the ROP bars attach above the muffler, then 2 bolts on both sides of the bumper for the square tubes that slide into the brackets, then pin both sides with the supplied hitch pins and clips. Very heavy steel, I am impressed with the quality and ease of installation. Tried very hard to shake it to see if it was going to rattle and I couldn't move it at all. Tested the dump bed function and it opens as it should.
Give us an after ride report when you get the chance. Curious if it rattles during a ride. Strongmade makes great stuff.

Reactions: Tigermark
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@sharp you need to have a talk with @Delton about using code names.. Remember you straightened me out.
Haha I know, he just said my name in CP's thread. He also said @Manwell s real name a while back, or was that you .lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!