BOX1

BRed MUV700 low oil pressure

N

NickM696

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys, just a post about a 2012 MUV700 with low oil pressure.
I inspected the machine had very poor drive and then just stopped driving all together. I done a oil pressure test and had 20psi instead of 114psi which is spec. I have replaced the oil pump and oil pump chain as they were worn out, also have replaced the torque convertor, clutch linier solenoid, cleaned out the valve body, all the oil galleries inside the front of the engine as well as the oil cooler.
Once i got the machine going again it had about the same amount of drive and i only have 30psi oil pressure from all checks of oil pressure following the service manual.
Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue?
I know they have an oil screen in the bottem end which can cause low oil pressure if blocked but i do not want to disassemble the bottom end straight away. If anyone has any ideas would be appreciated.

Reactions: Mudwing
H

HondaTech

If the oil pressure is low on the engine side and trans side in Neutral then its most likely a clogged or collapsed screen.

Unless the converter seal is knicked, but you've replaced all of that.

N

NickM696

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If the oil pressure is low on the engine side and trans side in Neutral then its most likely a clogged or collapsed screen.

Yeah oil pressure is low on engine and trans in neutral and in gear, oil pressure does not change. sits at around 5psi at idle and when revving engine it jumps to 30 psi and that is it. Yes all orings on the convertor and in the front engine case had been replaced. The only thing it really left was the oil screen in crankcase but i have never had a oil screen block up on me before and did not want to assume that straight away

N

NickM696

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Is there any possible way to flush or clean the oil screen in the crankcase without splitting the bottom end?

Reactions: Smitty335
Z50rsupra

Z50rsupra

Oct 11, 2015
if your screen is stopped up then its stopped up with clutch plate fiber and the cases must be split and clutch plates replaced

Reactions: Smitty335
D

Dodd

Nov 9, 2022
Mo
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys, just a post about a 2012 MUV700 with low oil pressure.
I inspected the machine had very poor drive and then just stopped driving all together. I done a oil pressure test and had 20psi instead of 114psi which is spec. I have replaced the oil pump and oil pump chain as they were worn out, also have replaced the torque convertor, clutch linier solenoid, cleaned out the valve body, all the oil galleries inside the front of the engine as well as the oil cooler.
Once i got the machine going again it had about the same amount of drive and i only have 30psi oil pressure from all checks of oil pressure following the service manual.
Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue?
I know they have an oil screen in the bottem end which can cause low oil pressure if blocked but i do not want to disassemble the bottom end straight away. If anyone has any ideas would be appreciated.
I’m going through the exact same problem now, what did you find wrong? TiA

H

HondaTech

Blew back through pickup tube with compressed air, didn’t seem to be any restriction but still barely any oil pressure
You can't reach the pickup tube without splitting the cases. What tube did you blow through.

Reactions: FJC 79