P1000m3 My 1000 Build!

J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New to the forum here! Just bought myself a 2018 P1K EPS, now i'm starting to put it together! Being 21 and still in college, while running my company, I don't have much time to work on it, but I will be using it every weekend deer hunting! Here she is when I picked her up from Great River Honda in Mississippi!
IMG 2647
First Step was to get the Super atv windshield on, then on to mount my bumpers. Ordered the wild boars because they had matching front and rear, as well as protected the winch! Both front and back came with flush mount cubes as well! I built a top for it temporarily (for a year or so)out of 1/2" treated plywood, conduit straps, and spray can bedliner. Cut the front to match the curve of the bar, diagonal cuts on the edges t match the rollcage, then bolted her down!
IMG 2675
Next was to add a curved lightbar for driving around our place late at night as pigs/coyotes/bobcats/raccoons all go nocturnal after the first couple weeks of season. I originally purchased the 50" auxbeam rgb bar, but the green color sucked, and the lightbar didn't effectively shine past 75 yards or so. Returned it to amazon today and purchased a plashlights 50" spot beam white curved bar that puts out 31,500 lumens!! Should do more than enough at long range with the added help of my the flush mount cubes! Also put on an infrared lightbar n the top tube of the bumper with pipe mounts from tractor supply! Threw in a 5000lb winch from Harbor Freight because of the good reviews, and because it was on sale! Currently I am working on the electrical... We ran it at the lease this past week, me my dad and uncle all stayed dry with the windshield and roof. Had an overheating problem, and boiled the coolant, so i burped the system and ran it hard sunday and temp didnt get above two bars. It will go to the dealer if it happens again! Now I am getting ready to do the first service on it!! I added in the 14 slot rocker switch panel, and I am now awaiting my wire loom, blue sea fuse block, stinger switched solenoid for master power, odyssey battery and the dual battery kit, all matching custom rocker switches, dual voltmeter that matches rockers for batteries, dual usb port for my nightvision scope to stay plugged in that also matches the rockers, and 8" radiator fan for bilge area to get the heat out.
IMG 2687

My To-Do List:

14" MSA Core 20s with 28x10x14 efx motomtc tires
Bluetooth/aux chord sound bar
Road Feeder
Interior dome light
Add Insulation under and behind seat to alleviate heat issues
Custom metal roof with rack
Custom high rack to match roof
Receiver hitch at the top of the roof for a smaller winch to help assist loading animals into the buggy by myself
A set of cubes to throw light to the caddy corners on long curved roads to look ahead for pigs at night!

My overall goal is to keep the machine looking very clean, no wires blatantly showing, all switches feeding accessories with corresponding names, all wiring in braided wire loom with heat shrink on the end to help keep things clean, yet be completely functional for hunting and working. I already love this machine, rides great, and has tons of power! Moved a heavy built deer stand across our 1600 acres through washouts and extremely soupy clay and never skipped a beat! And I even got my first kill out of it! I think im gunna name it the PKR(pig killing rig)! Thanks for tagging along, I'm addicted for sure! IMG 2698 IMG 2691

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from Cleveland, Looks like you are off to a pretty good start one week into ownership!

Reactions: TimG and BWAF
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from the Great Lakes State :) That is one wicked PKR my friend!!!

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from North Georgia. Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Lookin good ! FYI on our group ride in Utah only one Pioneer 1000 had overheating issues. It had a front bumper like yours. Not enough air flow ?

Reactions: BWAF
J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lookin good ! FYI on our group ride in Utah only one Pioneer 1000 had overheating issues. It had a front bumper like yours. Not enough air flow ?

I was running less than 10 miles an hour moving a Deer stand in deep wet clay, burped the coolant then ran it hard the rest of the weekend it stayed at 2 bars, if it does it again it’s going to the dealer after I test it without the bumper!

Reactions: BWAF and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I honestly don't know what Curt the guy with the overheating issues found out. We were climbing mountains at up to 12,500 feet. Hope she stays cool on you. Let us know if you find anything out.

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I honestly don't know what Curt the guy with the overheating issues found out. We were climbing mountains at up to 12,500 feet. Hope she stays cool on you. Let us know if you find anything out.

While I was letting it cool I was messing with the wires, the fan hardly ran before it overheated, then when it was sitting there after messing with the wires it came on more idling in 20 minutes than it had all weekend

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
You may be onto something there.
While I was letting it cool I was messing with the wires, the fan hardly ran before it overheated, then when it was sitting there after messing with the wires it came on more idling in 20 minutes than it had all weekend

you may be onto something there.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You’re kicking some serious butt on that guy in a short time nice job!

J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
or possibly a temperature switch not kicking the fan on soon enough and shutting off too soon ?

It turns on for a short time every minute or so, could be a faulty temp switch, or the control module isn’t set right. You’d think the fan would run for a longer duration than 15-20 seconds. May add a jumper switch if it acts up and I take it in, won’t cut the oem fan harness until dealer says he can’t find anything if it keeps acting up. How often and how long does your fan run when your machine operates at high temp?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're off to a great start cause machine is looking good!!

Reactions: Jdiehl7 and BWAF
J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My neighbor told me he has some 18 wheeler mud flaps as well, going to try to fab up some fender wells to keep all that red clay out of there on wet weekend trips to the lease!! May have to order a sheet of that thin 1/8” heatable plastic and bend it to the shape i need, but will try the truck flaps first to see if I can’t get it covered up!!

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!