P500 My 2016 p500 after 1 year

K

kmcvicar

Jan 31, 2017
cody, wyoming
Ownership

1. 500
It has been a great machine. I love the semi-auto gearbox, and the thing is dead reliable and fun to drive. I just wish i had the 2017 suspension improvements, not much in the way of aftermarket shocks.
May eventually get larger wheels and tires but am wary of raising the cg, or widening over 50 inches.
20171214 122252 1

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I just wish i had the 2017 suspension improvements, not much in the way of aftermarket shocks.

No big deal to just buy the oem '17 shocks and install them. There are dealers online that sell any oem parts at a good discount.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't notice much of a difference coming from a 15 to a 17 with the shocks. Still rough..

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
If you want smooth riding Pioneer 500 , set your air pressure at just above flat and your shocks to the softest setting . That's it ! It wont get better .Yup you will probably have more flat issues and you will have less ground clearance . Pick your battles .
I would like smooth but I run 10psi and have my shocks set to the firmest level so you know what I picked .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I would like smooth but I run 10psi and have my shocks set to the firmest level so you know what I picked .

I read where a few members had the rears maxed out, I tried it and didn't like it. Figured it work great for me having so much weight on the back, it never bottomed out but was a pogo stick when you got it bouncing. One notch down and 9psi is what I'm running.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!