Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well so much for wishful thinking. I'm one of the members of this teem for this trip wich we are calling the ROTC (Ride of the century ). At this point there are only 3 of us and we are shutting for a 5 man teem. I live in Mississippi wich is about 900 miles from Wisconsin. And I am hoping I can convince another P500 rider to join us. The P1k's Willbe towing small campers. But welcome to the forum again brother and read more u will find this forum extremely informative and entertaining. ;)

I considered it when it first came up, like you guys have stated, the logistics before and after the trip make it less appealing. The ride itself would be a blast!
FWIW...ran mine last weekend and wanted to make sure I was getting enough air after snorkeling, just wanted to hit the limiter once. Due to road conditions it took like three tries, kept running out of good road. Getting up to 36 or 37 is pretty quick, due to gearing, I think that's her comfort zone. Wouldn't be worried running that speed for long stretches. That last 5 mph is like pulling teeth, it creeps up and heated the machine up pretty good.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jshell3

I considered it when it first came up, like you guys have stated, the logistics before and after the trip make it less appealing. The ride itself would be a blast!
FWIW...ran mine last weekend and wanted to make sure I was getting enough air after snorkeling, just wanted to hit the limiter once. Due to road conditions it took like three tries, kept running out of good road. Getting up to 36 or 37 is pretty quick, due to gearing, I think that's her comfort zone. Wouldn't be worried running that speed for long stretches. That last 5 mph is like pulling teeth, it creeps up and heated the machine up pretty good.
I've thought about Wide Open Throttle on @Dp5hunter 's P500 and PROTC... for extended (all day) periods of time, I wonder what she'll do?!? LOL
Could be the last SxS standing, too...

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Any issues with your CV Boots using bigger tires and wheels?
What size tires and reems are you running now. Here in Mississippi I run in a lot of water and sand and dew to that mix it is recommended to run 14" reems to help your braeks from getting eaten up by sand.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What size tires and reems are you running now. Here in Mississippi I run in a lot of water and sand and dew to that mix it is recommended to run 14" reems to help your braeks from getting eaten up by sand.
Does it also help if Monte is driving (Mulberry)?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Monty is a very good driver and a great friend he helped me learn how to ride my P500 in Molberry and not tear up me buggy. I look forward to riding with him again. And u are a lot of fun to be around also my friend. ;):D

Reactions: trigger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Monty is a very good driver and a great friend he helped me learn how to ride my P500 in Molberry and not tear up me buggy. I look forward to riding with him again. And u are a lot of fun to be around also my friend. ;):D
Thank You! And likewise!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!