My 4 seater has turned into a 2 seater

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Having a lot of stuff added .The big thing Turbo, big wheels and tires , wench, light bar, killer stereo, door panels, glass windshield, this is a live valve unit and 4 seaterI think heated seats but not sure. I think that's it.I think I am paying 2 grand over list for the bass model. The labor for install everything they are charging book time. Think they are charging 6 to 8 Hr just for the Turbo. What can you say.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Having a lot of stuff added .The big thing Turbo, big wheels and tires , wench, light bar, killer stereo, door panels, glass windshield, this is a live valve unit and 4 seaterI think heated seats but not sure. I think that's it.I think I am paying 2 grand over list for the bass model. The labor for install everything they are charging book time. Think they are charging 6 to 8 Hr just for the Turbo. What can you say.
NO!

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I don't know list on it is 24 grand Turbo 6 so at 30 . add all the other stuff and labor you are easy at 36 grand
.I have not found one any cheaper. But I am sure there are some out there with all the add-ons for 20 grand but they are out of them.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to be an instigator for a minute but this is where Honda falls so short. Dollar for dollar other brands make more bang for your buck

I love my Honda to death but I can't even tell you how many times it has fallen flat while spinning tires in auto because it thinks it's up to speed and up shifts then bogs itself out of power. The sport mode only helps so much.

CVT has one major pro and that is that you are typically always in the powerband and @ 195hp that is alot of fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: JenElio
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to be an instigator for a minute but this is where Honda falls so short. Dollar for dollar other brands make more bang for your buck

I love my Honda to death but I can't even tell you how many times it has fallen flat while spinning tires in auto because it thinks it's up to speed and up shifts.

CVT has one major pro and that is that you are typically always in the powerband and @ 195hp that is alot of fun.
You know you have a MANUAL transmission that with stay in gear if you desire.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know you have a MANUAL transmission that with stay in gear if you desire.
Yes I know, and I use it frequently. For the younger generation I don't think they will understand the proper use of the slap shifters and for them purchasing an automatic machine that falls on it's face would put some in an uncomfortable situation.

If Honda really wanted to make it more capable they could use wheel speed sensors in the front that coordinate with the rear for proper shifts in a true automatic mode. I am not sure if i4WD is capable of that but my machine is a deluxe.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I know, and I use it frequently. For the younger generation I don't think they will understand the proper use of the slap shifters and for them purchasing an automatic machine that falls on it's face would put some in an uncomfortable situation.

If Honda really wanted to make it more capable they could use wheel speed sensors in the front that coordinate with the rear for proper shifts in a true automatic mode. I am not sure if i4WD is capable of that but my machine is a deluxe.
Dadgum. Anyone that ain't capable of downshifting, needs to take up knitting ...... lol

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Dadgum. Anyone that ain't capable of downshifting, needs to take up knitting ...... lol
Right!

Maybe those "safe space" folks need to switch over to a rubber band machine and leave the machines that require actual driving and shifting skills to the non man bun crowd. Wouldn't want them to be "uncomfortable". 🤣

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Right!

Maybe those "safe space" folks need to switch over to a rubber band machine and leave the machines that require actual driving and shifting skills to the non man bun crowd. Wouldn't want them to be "uncomfortable". 🤣

I wouldn't argue with either :p but it's the unfortunate path the consumer is taking. Same concept goes for cars becoming electric. Give it a few more years and it will all be standard.

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Did not know they had a automatic transmission. Maybe that why they cost so much.

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I wouldn't argue with either :p but it's the unfortunate path the consumer is taking. Same concept goes for cars becoming electric. Give it a few more years and it will all be standard.
Right!

Funny thats exactly how I feel!! For getting started of on the wrong foot in the beginning it seems we share a lot of the same thoughts! Let me know if you get the specs we was talking about.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Funny thats exactly how I feel!! For getting started of on the wrong foot in the beginning it seems we share a lot of the same thoughts! Let me know if you get the specs we was talking about.
Yep, I was definitely a dick head. I honestly thought your post in the other thread was you coming here to tell us all what a POS your new Talon was. I took it the wrong way and I apologize for that.

I called DCR a couple times and haven't gotten anyone to pick up the phone yet. Hopefully they are willing to share all that info, if so I'll pass it on.

Reactions: CID
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yep, I was definitely a dick head. I honestly thought your post in the other thread was you coming here to tell us all what a POS your new Talon was. I took it the wrong way and I apologize for that.

I called DCR a couple times and haven't gotten anyone to pick up the phone yet. Hopefully they are willing to share all that info, if so I'll pass it on.
Its all good brother I'm a die hard honda guy I still have my first atc 70 lol I would call WEB I forget the ladies name that I delt with in the past but she is super knowledgeable. PS seen your post about measuring the pistons dont be surprised if they aren't round pistons are egg shaped.

Reactions: CID
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
You might want to delete the wench option. Then again, maybe not. 🤣

Wench

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!