My 4 seater has turned into a 2 seater

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Have been working on getting a 4 seater live valve unit. Had a lot of stuff added to it like the turbo. The dealer asked for a 41000 down on it so I sent it. Then they called and want $5 grand for the turbo so I sent that. They quoted $24,399,00 for the base unit. So they got 6 grand of my money. They called yesterday and said my unit is ready to be picked up. Man I am stoked. Asked for at total bill . They sent that and pictures of my new machine. There is one problem. It is a 2 seater. So the sales manager said he can't do anything he has to call the owner. So now it's been 24 hours and no call. Guess I am out $6 grand. This does not seem right to me. My total bill price was right at $39,000,00 plus tax for a 2 seater live valve.

Last edited:
SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I’d call Honda directly. They can pressure the owner. There’s no way I’d take what I don’t want. If your ok with the two seater than maybe they can make it worth your while , but for me that’s a deal breaker. Hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have Been working on getting a 4 seater live valve unit. Had a lot of stuff added to it like the turbo. The dealer asked for a 1000 down on it so I sent it . Then they called and want 5 grand for the turbo so I sent that. They quoted 24,399,00 for the bass unit. So they got 6 grand of my money. They called yesterday and said my unit is ready to be picked up. Man I am stoked . Asked for at total bill . They sent that and pictures of my new machine. There is one problem .It is a 2 seater. So the sales manager said he can't do anything he has to call the owner So now it's been 24 hours and no call. Guess I am out 6 grand. This does not seam right to me. My total bill price was right at 39,000,00 plus tax for a 2 seater live valve.

First and foremost that's $12K too much for a 2 seat R LV & turbo. Man they saw you coming.

I suppose you have a receipt for the $6k down and a description of what that is for? if so a simple filing in small claims court can recover that plus court costs. Subpoenas tend to make a business get right.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First and foremost that's $12K too much for a 2 seat R LV & turbo. Man they saw you coming.

I suppose you have a receipt for the $6k down and a description of what that is for? if so a simple filing in small claims court can recover that plus court costs. Subpoenas tend to make a business get right.
Coming from someone who may or may not be familiar with Honda's and subpoenas. 😂 🤣

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
well my dealer has decided that he will keep my 6 thousand and apply it to a 4 seater. He does not know when he will get one in but I am first on the list. Just thinking I might get a 2022?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have been working on getting a 4 seater live valve unit. Had a lot of stuff added to it like the turbo. The dealer asked for a 41000 down on it so I sent it. Then they called and want $5 grand for the turbo so I sent that. They quoted $24,399,00 for the base unit. So they got 6 grand of my money. They called yesterday and said my unit is ready to be picked up. Man I am stoked. Asked for at total bill . They sent that and pictures of my new machine. There is one problem. It is a 2 seater. So the sales manager said he can't do anything he has to call the owner. So now it's been 24 hours and no call. Guess I am out $6 grand. This does not seem right to me. My total bill price was right at $39,000,00 plus tax for a 2 seater live valve.
I am not sure if anyone else saw all the math going on in this post but he should have gotten some change back after his down payment versus total bill :p

Anywho I would call Honda directly. You deserve to get what you paid for. I don't care if it's 50 cents in a pop machine. Everyone works hard for their money. That's shameful that they did that to you.

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Scam letter posted within South Africa2

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Original Poster,

If you have a written agreement with that Honda dealer you should take it and discuss that issue with a local attorney. Many (scrupulous) attorneys, will read your written agreement and if they agree with your position he or she will write a letter to the dealer on your behalf. Small businesses get serious when they hear from an attorney. A lawyer might charge you a couple hundred dollars but will get you out of that mess and get your money back.

If you remain silent and roll over the dealer will continue jerking you around. They've already identified you as a victim.

That dealer is out of line. The dealership might be teetering on the edge of bankruptcy and desperation and may not have your money to refund.

Contacting Honda Corp won't get you anywhere. Honda doesn't know the facts, doesn't know the laws of your state, and has not authority to resolve conflicts between their dealers and customers.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Id walk into the dealership and tell them you want the money back, and not leave till it's in hand.
and that you'd come back if and when they actually have a machine in stock and deal then.

mirage100

mirage100

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I hope things are going to work out . The dealer sold the 2 seater. He said he will be getting a 4 seater in July . He is going to apply my 6 grand to the 4 seater.

Reactions: ChadD and CID
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I hope things are going to work out . The dealer sold the 2 seater. He said he will be getting a 4 seater in July . He is going to apply my 6 grand to the 4 seater.
If what you've stated in your posts here is true it appears you are allowing a dealership to abuse you.

Reactions: ChadD
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much are you paying for this??????? by your numbers you are paying double unless Im reading this wrong

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!