P500 My first post

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
OK, this is my first post since I became a member back in October. I brought my new 2017 green P5 home October 30th. Today it has 303 miles. After dealing with four different dealers, I bought it for $10,036 OTD. That included Honda windshield, roof and NY registration and 8.5% sales tax. I found some good used ITP 12" 3+4 wheels on Craig's List close to home and bought ITP 27" Mud Lites on Ebay, 9s in the front and 10s rear. I bought a large hard plastic box for the rack and a hitch for the receiver at Tractor Supply. I installed a Strong Made front bumper with a Terra 35 Super Winch mounted on top with cover. The winch has a rocker switch mounted in the dash above my left knee, a plug in the grill for my wired remote, plus it is wired for my wireless remote. I mounted my gun rack on rear top bar under the roof. I have all four Mudbuster fender extensions on. I have the Tusk rear panel. I have Chooglin's glove box. I have a dual trumpet air horn (LOUD) under the hood with horn button in the dash, side mirrors and just installed Tusk power steering Friday afternoon. I did the seat belt and reverse mods, but have yet to unhook the sway bar. I did my own first service at 100 miles. My P5 hauled out four nice bucks in November (only one was mine) and one was a 12 point. I live in Northern Allegany Co. of Western NY. Most of my riding is in hilly, muddy woods. I have owned Honda ATCs and ATVs since 1983. I still have a 2001 Rubicon with 13,000 miles. I am just shy of 68, retired from Morton Salt after 44 years and am a Vietnam Vet. This forum is the sole reason my P5 is set up the way it is, THANK YOU!

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Middle Georgia, looks like you have really been working on the mods!

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
OK, this is my first post since I became a member back in October. I brought my new 2017 green P5 home October 30th. Today it has 303 miles. After dealing with four different dealers, I bought it for $10,036 OTD. That included Honda windshield, roof and NY registration and 8.5% sales tax. I found some good used ITP 12" 3+4 wheels on Craig's List close to home and bought ITP 27" Mud Lites on Ebay, 9s in the front and 10s rear. I bought a large hard plastic box for the rack and a hitch for the receiver at Tractor Supply. I installed a Strong Made front bumper with a Terra 35 Super Winch mounted on top with cover. The winch has a rocker switch mounted in the dash above my left knee, a plug in the grill for my wired remote, plus it is wired for my wireless remote. I mounted my gun rack on rear top bar under the roof. I have all four Mudbuster fender extensions on. I have the Tusk rear panel. I have Chooglin's glove box. I have a dual trumpet air horn (LOUD) under the hood with horn button in the dash, side mirrors and just installed Tusk power steering Friday afternoon. I did the seat belt and reverse mods, but have yet to unhook the sway bar. I did my own first service at 100 miles. My P5 hauled out four nice bucks in November (only one was mine) and one was a 12 point. I live in Northern Allegany Co. of Western NY. Most of my riding is in hilly, muddy woods. I have owned Honda ATCs and ATVs since 1983. I still have a 2001 Rubicon with 13,000 miles. I am just shy of 68, retired from Morton Salt after 44 years and am a Vietnam Vet. This forum is the sole reason my P5 is set up the way it is, THANK YOU!
Welcome Pics Please

Reactions: Farmer and Tuco69
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sounds like you got a good deal .And have done a lot work .welcome

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Welcome from East TN. Sounds like you have it set up right! Just go ahead and unhook that sway bar and call it good!

Reactions: Gassygordo
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
6D79A425 05EA 4984 BED2 A797B4D85BC3
6D79A425 05EA 4984 BED2 A797B4D85BC3
36921F36 42F7 4F2E AEE2 03EC72018D49
56E56846 04AC 4FA0 B63C 26C266B56C09
Welcome Pics Please

P

Ppndabum

Feb 2, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Nice buck and nice ride!
Anyone have a link to the reverse mod? Did a search and came up with nothing. Also was reading the sway bar disconnect only gives you and extra 1" of movement, not sure if it's worth it or not. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I've been debating it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nice buck and nice ride!
Anyone have a link to the reverse mod? Did a search and came up with nothing. Also was reading the sway bar disconnect only gives you and extra 1" of movement, not sure if it's worth it or not. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I've been debating it.

I waited forever to do it and wished I'd have done it on day one, it's worth it. Don't know of anyone who has hooked it back up after trying it.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Pa
Your ride looks great

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice pictures, good looking rig. Thank you for your service to our country.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
welcome.great looking rig and awesome buck

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you for your service! That 500 looks great!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from NW Ga. Looks like you have been busy with the bucks, four legged and paper. Nice job. You found the right forum for sure.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Welcome. .....
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!