P500 My pet peeve with the 500

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Try ear plugs. Whenever I ride my P-500 or Can Am Commander at medium or higher speeds, I wear ear plugs because I don't like the wind noise in my ears. With engine noise the P-500 is more quiet than the Commander where sometimes I also wear noise cancelling ear muffs. For me it makes for a much smoother quieter ride. A friend went for a long road ride with me (Arizona road plates) on the Commander and he tried ear plugs, said it was a much more comfortable better ride.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
TELL ME MORE ON LATCH ADJUSTMENT,THESE THINGS RATTLE ME CRAZY.

On mine, i took the "rubber thing" off and shaved it down a small fraction on the grinding wheel. .... One door worked nicely so I didn't have to do that but the other one was a bear to get it to shut. ... I'm a female that is not mechanical so I get to call it a "rubber thing" haha :D

J

Jshell3

It may be a case where you are not slamming it hard enough to get to the second catch on the latch ,I have mine set so you have to slam it hard,but I get no rattles at all when driving.
Also, I've found that if I cinch up the nets too tightly, the doors will not latch correctly. As in, I latched my door. Tightened up the nets to draw out all the slack, opened the door... then the door would not latch correctly, afterwards. I had to loosen up some on the nets.

Reactions: trigger
gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I removed the nets and keep my driver door open with zip ties. No rattles here! lol I'm in an out so much around the house that its cumbersome to operate the door constantly (plus I'm only traveling at low speeds on flat terrain).

I have never noticed the steering column being off and I better not notice now because of you guys! :mad: I was in love with the ergonomics the first time I sat in the P5 at the dealership.

Reactions: JTW and iowaguy
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Only peeve is lack of cab room. I just mounted my shot gun behind the seat for my ride tomorrow. It could use a built-in gun rack

Reactions: JTW
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You clearly haven't seen the size of my wife's ass!!

I knew I'd find a reason to use this

19750 0cfe5a6259018e0dca6e536c48c84c4d

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Only peeve is lack of cab room. I just mounted my shot gun behind the seat for my ride tomorrow. It could use a built-in gun rack
You need a gun rack! I will admit I haven't tried putting any shotguns up there so it might be a tight fit
IMG 20150414 194305 zps58c2c6bb
IMG 20150425 175657 zps5eec9283

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had it behind the seat. Fit nice. Ill post a picture.
I had some shutters delivered and they came packed in this really HD foam rail. Gun fit right in there and foam protected it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!