P1000 my two bites on dust

J

JOHNDEEREMAN

May 7, 2016
NEVADA
i live in a town with a fair amount of retired people. all kinds of sxs they spend alot money trying to stop the dust after doors windows cabs if you live where its dry forget all that stuff unless its cold and wet these sxs are not made for cabs when you can pull seat off in any of them and look at the ground you block the top its like a vacum----let the wind blow threw the hair----until they make the bottums more air taight---air or dust--i pick air

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
i live in a town with a fair amount of retired people. all kinds of sxs they spend alot money trying to stop the dust after doors windows cabs if you live where its dry forget all that stuff unless its cold and wet these sxs are not made for cabs when you can pull seat off in any of them and look at the ground you block the top its like a vacum----let the wind blow threw the hair----until they make the bottums more air taight---air or dust--i pick air
I agree. Windshields right now are crap just took mine off. Some things will help a little but that's about it

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
I agree. Windshields right now are crap just took mine off. Some things will help a little but that's about it
I agree also. Dust comes with riding. Enclosed cabs are a waste to me, unless you are plowing snow. Bugs are protien, the bigger they are the more they taste like chicken. If I can block a little wind, thats all I need. These things are made for off road, hauling dirt, firewood, Honda probably didnt really have in mind using it as a golf cart when they made it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree you have to eat a little bit:) if it's dusty the less windshield the better at least it's been that way for us. Good for thought though bug don't taste like chicken

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm afraid I have to agree. I pulled my windshield and the dust went way down. I'll keep the roof because a black vinyl seat in the Louisiana sun can make the engine heat feel good.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm afraid I have to agree. I pulled my windshield and the dust went way down. I'll keep the roof because a black vinyl seat in the Louisiana sun can make the engine heat feel good.
The roof isn't near as bad as the shield. Mid panel is good. Hopefully the BugBuster will help some.

S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
Is the dust coming from the cracks in the doors? Was thinking about getting the black insulated tubing for AC units to line the doors and fill those spaces.

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With the windshield in especially it creates a vacuum and sucks from everywhere. I'm sure the cover under the seat advertised on this site helps a lot. Home Depot has automotive grade wide black weatherstripping that I used around the edges of under the seat and in the front edge of the front doors to kill that gap, however I've found it pretty hard to seal up the rest of the doors as they are all different gaps and some would be at precariously bad angles that would be impossible or would take to much and tear during entry or exit. This is the nature of all sxs's. It would be possible to fix but if you're using all the doors and box it's tough. Even a jeep that is sealed up from window frames down you still get the effects just not as bad. You drop the windshield however gets better.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the windshield in especially it creates a vacuum and sucks from everywhere. I'm sure the cover under the seat advertised on this site helps a lot. Home Depot has automotive grade wide black weatherstripping that I used around the edges of under the seat and in the front edge of the front doors to kill that gap, however I've found it pretty hard to seal up the rest of the doors as they are all different gaps and some would be at precariously bad angles that would be impossible or would take to much and tear during entry or exit. This is the nature of all sxs's. It would be possible to fix but if you're using all the doors and box it's tough. Even a jeep that is sealed up from window frames down you still get the effects just not as bad. You drop the windshield however gets better.

Hoooooly sniekies! I was down by the shore tonight with my Pioneer grinding up dead cattails with my mower and all the fuzzies setteld in the cab. So I took off down the road to blow them out and I could barely see and breath cause they were sucking into my nose just circled in a vortex.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's funny probably looked cool! Once you came to. That's cool you live next to water. Are you ordering up the screen?

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I have always went with full skid plates on the bottom and that does make a difference, but with a windshield you must run a mid / rear panel otherwise the dust is sucked right into the drivers compartment.

Factory Skid P500
20150810 165301

Full Skid P500
20150810 204140

Factory Skid P1K
20151222 211543

Full Skid P1K
20151223 003447

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is the dust coming from the cracks in the doors? Was thinking about getting the black insulated tubing for AC units to line the doors and fill those spaces.

I think I have a better idea by a mile, but I'm going to try and post pics before I tell you it is. Cool thing about your idea is that gasket should stop 95 percent of water from flowing under doors. My idea would only stop 40 or less.

Garage bristle gaskets. Cut them down To fit, screw them to the inside of the door. All air would be stopped, and any splashes would be stopped, but rivers would still flow through at a reduced rate.

The positive is your wells would still drain woth bristles. You would have to open doors or drill holes with gaskets.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've thought about bristles too, only along the front side of the box at this point...at least on the 3 seaters. I believe a lot of the dust comes through there, and under the seat and under the seat back. Seal up the seats with weather striping like some have done here and then the bristles pointing forward on the front side of the box.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've thought about bristles too, only along the front side of the box at this point...at least on the 3 seaters. I believe a lot of the dust comes through there, and under the seat and under the seat back. Seal up the seats with weather striping like some have done here and then the bristles pointing forward on the front side of the box.

I'm gonna do the inside of the doors and behind my dash where the shifters are. The gear selector will be easy. The 4x4 will be pretty damn hard. Idk what to do there.

And maybe gasket the seat. I like the heat cause I'm in alaska, I don't like the steam though. I bought a exhaust wrap. Gonna do a thread up on it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's funny probably looked cool! Once you came to. That's cool you live next to water. Are you ordering up the screen?
I can see now how a real dusty road could be a problem. I am going to wait til they come out with mirror cut outs. I like using my mirrors for backing and not having to turn around to look.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely I get that. I honestly hadn't thought of the mirrors but we keep breaking them off at the very base anyways. I installed the rear view camera and that gives a real good view up to the very back so is pretty good. I'm excited to try the screen out though. hope you have been able to finally get some miles on that bad boy.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think were upto abot 60 miles now. Been a tough week for any riding with spring clean up and getting ready for a graduation. I am following my sister in her ranger in lowe pic.
Image Image Image Image

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!