P500 Mystery clunk

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

For a few months now, my P500 clunks when going over whoops at a decent speed. My first thought was front suspension but I can't find anything loose. Same with the rear suspension. I'm thinking it's a bolt somewhere that's just loose. I'm hoping someone on here has had the same issue and can tell me what they found because it's going to take me forever to find this clunk.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
For a few months now, my P500 clunks when going over whoops at a decent speed. My first thought was front suspension but I can't find anything loose. Same with the rear suspension. I'm thinking it's a bolt somewhere that's just loose. I'm hoping someone on here has had the same issue and can tell me what they found because it's going to take me forever to find this clunk.
Could be just the unweighting of the suspension making a clunk when going over bumps.

D

Deleted member 3748

Could be just the unweighting of the suspension making a clunk when going over bumps.
At first I thought i was topping out the shocks, but it happens too easily for that. Could be what you said though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
At first I thought i was topping out the shocks, but it happens too easily for that. Could be what you said though.

Are you sure it's not just the gears in the rear end? That's the only clunking I ever get out of mine. You need more weight on that machine...a disco ball or microwave maybe? :D

D

Deleted member 3748

Are you sure it's not just the gears in the rear end? That's the only clunking I ever get out of mine. You need more weight on that machine...a disco ball or microwave maybe? :D
LOL I'm pretty sure something is loose. But I'll try the disco ball and microwave and see what happens.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've heard weird noises on my
ride..but like many ATV ...
and the P5....stop look..get
home look some more...
think it's just Honda clang/ clunk
music....
If ya get that microwave. ..mounted
I'll bring the burritos..
haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!