P500 Front driveshaft clunking noise

Biglen

Biglen

Mar 14, 2018
Mentor ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You are literally down the street from me. If you need help, please reach out (As I sit off Tyler BLVD typing)
Ha I’ll need a case !!
so I took the front driveshaft out and checked U joint out , looks ok , no noticeable damage , I then put the driveshaft just on the front pumpkin and I couldn’t get the noise to show itself , then I did the same thing with driveshaft on the motor still couldn’t get the noise to happen , so I put the driveshaft back in and the noise is still there , it seems to only happen under pressure or load , it only happens when I’m in 4x4 as well , any thoughts would be great thanks

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
what year is your 500 ..is it still under warranty if it is,get Honda to frigg with it if not it may be the front diff,..hard to tell when you have the machine in front of me..lol...I'm sure it's not a big problem..good luck.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so I took the front driveshaft out and checked U joint out , looks ok , no noticeable damage , I then put the driveshaft just on the front pumpkin and I couldn’t get the noise to show itself , then I did the same thing with driveshaft on the motor still couldn’t get the noise to happen , so I put the driveshaft back in and the noise is still there , it seems to only happen under pressure or load , it only happens when I’m in 4x4 as well , any thoughts would be great thanks
I got your pm, but was super busy this weekend working on another machine.
Did you by chance add any grease to the splines when putting the driveshaft back in? Just need a little bit to help take up some of the space on the splines.

G

Grasshopper

Jun 20, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
What was the end result here? I'm having clunking from that same u- joint in the shaft going from the transmission to the front drive. Also what's a good online parts source since the gov has all of the stores closed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!