P500 Narrowing Down The Choices

C

Chooglin

How many of you have rolled yours?

I have never rolled mine but have come very close , as long as you know it's limitations, you should be fine.

I am sure there will come a day that I will, but for now, I have been able to keep it roof side up !
IMG 6396

Reactions: Mudder and 500oneer
J

JTW

If you go with the p500 the strongmade rear basket and Husky tool box is an awesome set up!
IMG 0969

It really all depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Reactions: trigger
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
@dranrab very small world! Yeah it's amazing. I'm at the air station, second time up here for me!

D

dranrab

Feb 1, 2017
Metairie LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have never rolled mine but have come very close , as long as you know it's limitations, you should be fine.

I am sure there will come a day that I will, but for now, I have been able to keep it roof side up !
View attachment 32167

That's a pretty severe lean angle in the pic. I thought that would be past the vanishing point.

Reactions: Ems-Cam
C

Chooglin

That's a pretty severe lean angle in the pic. I thought that would be past the vanishing point.
If my wife would have leaned to her right , I believe it would have laid on its side.

Reactions: JTW
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
rolled mine

If ATV I would go Honda as well, not as fast but I like a transmission with gears much better than a belt. I have an 06 Rancher ES that has never had an issue.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
What's amazing about this forum is that people do not just blindly support the machine we all love to own. We realize in the apples to oranges comparisons and like to give advice accordingly....I will be honest. NONE of the other forums of different machines I have owned were like that...KUDOS to the great people on here!!

D

dranrab

Feb 1, 2017
Metairie LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What's amazing about this forum is that people do not just blindly support the machine we all love to own. We realize in the apples to oranges comparisons and like to give advice accordingly....I will be honest. NONE of the other forums of different machines I have owned were like that...KUDOS to the great people on here!!

When I commented earlier that this is a good forum, I did so in part because I had noticed that.

advertisement
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I will end up adding some kind of a bed to the back and that's where the lab will go when the wife isn't with me. As a quick aside, I was at a Polaris dealer looking at a Ranger. The saleswoman there had just introduced herself and asked me what I was looking for. I pointed to the Ranger and said something like that, there's plenty of room for my dog and my wife, but I don't see a seat belt in the bed for my wife, do you offer those? I did it dead serious. You should have seen the look on her face.

Have any of you installed a roof rack? I am already concerned about the machine being top heavy, so I would only put lightweight stuff like sleeping rolls and sleeping bags up there. Heck, I could probably lash it directly to the roof.

How many of you have rolled yours?
4300 miles on my p500 not a hiccup or roll over. I didn't make it to 800 miles before my prairie 650 body slammed me a couple of times.

Reactions: trigger and SBuckJ
D

dranrab

Feb 1, 2017
Metairie LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I want to insure whatever machine I end up with. I have no idea where to look or what a reasonable rate is. Can anyone give me any insight?

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I want to insure whatever machine I end up with. I have no idea where to look or what a reasonable rate is. Can anyone give me any insight?
Mine is $75 a year farm only policy.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

When I added my P500 to my existing motorcycle insurance policy (progressive) it added only $60-some dollars annually. That's full coverage. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Mine is added to my homeowners I think it's $17 per 1000 and that's full coverage and some liability

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
SF charging close to $300 Yr, 1k deduct. looking to change.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have State Farm, $186/year, no deductible. I think this is rather high for the P5 but State Farm Underwriters consider them a dune buggy which makes the premiums higher. I have argued this with State Farm but Under Writers are like accountants, they never think outside the box. Come to think of it they never think. Even my agent can't get them to reclassify.

Reactions: JTW and Montecresto
J

JTW

I have State Farm, $186/year, no deductible. I think this is rather high for the P5 but State Farm Underwriters consider them a dune buggy which makes the premiums higher. I have argued this with State Farm but Under Writers are like accountants, they never think outside the box. Come to think of it they never think. Even my agent can't get them to reclassify.
$186 a year with no deductible, and you think that's high??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm going to look mine up later, I believe it's similar to that premium, but I'm certain I have a deductible of $500. I'm not sure you've got any worries. What's your agents number?

D

Deleted member 3748

Everyone had some great input and comments. I'd like to add that the P5 is not tippy, it just looks like it is The engine and all of the weight is mounted below you. The COG is fairly low. Yes, you can roll it, but I feel you have to work pretty hard at that.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!