Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Everyone had some great input and comments. I'd like to add that the P5 is not tippy, it just looks like it is The engine and all of the weight is mounted below you. The COG is fairly low. Yes, you can roll it, but I feel you have to work pretty hard at that.
Wuh????? Lol

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I have been in some fairly hairy places up in the mountains. Overloaded with gear and 600lbs of buffalo. There have been several "pucker moments", but I have only put it on it's side one time. I've watched ATVs roll in the same places. Some on this site recommend removing the sway bar. I was looking at doing so, until I talked to one of the local guides who was running a Can-Am 1000 Outlander. He said that the rear sway bar was the best thing about his ATV. When he feels "tippy", he hits the gas. He accelerates through the obstacle, using the stability of the rear end. I was hesitant to try it, but it has worked well. Scary as hell the first time, but you get over it fairly quickly.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have been in some fairly hairy places up in the mountains. Overloaded with gear and 600lbs of buffalo. There have been several "pucker moments", but I have only put it on it's side one time. I've watched ATVs roll in the same places. Some on this site recommend removing the sway bar. I was looking at doing so, until I talked to one of the local guides who was running a Can-Am 1000 Outlander. He said that the rear sway bar was the best thing about his ATV. When he feels "tippy", he hits the gas. He accelerates through the obstacle, using the stability of the rear end. I was hesitant to try it, but it has worked well. Scary as hell the first time, but you get over it fairly quickly.
Lol, I won't dispute what you're saying but I'll keep my sway bar detached and ease through the hairy spots.

B

banpaeng

Oct 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
This is just a suggestion for rear storage or dog carrier. I went to Harbor Freight and bought an aluminum cargo carrier. I mounted it using hose clamps. When on sale these are about 60 dollars. As for carrying the dog, just go to the local 18 wheeler place, get a used mud flap, and throw in the bottom. All done, $75. Works great!!!

500 lb. Capacity Aluminum Cargo Carrier

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!