Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Jimmy broke that streak and got back in winners circle didn’t he....:cool::cool:
Boy, did he? Wonder how this will play out. I'm a big fan of JJ, but NASCAR isn't the same as of old and seems to have some clicks, hope I'm wrong! I expect to see JJ wrecked a lot this year, he's got a lot of pissed racers out there! But what do I know, I'm Smitty!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Boy, did he? Wonder how this will play out. I'm a big fan of JJ, but NASCAR isn't the same as of old and seems to have some clicks, hope I'm wrong! I expect to see JJ wrecked a lot this year, he's got a lot of pissed racers out there! But what do I know, I'm Smitty!
Yeah, but every guy that’s pissed at Jimmy has caused their own share of wrecks.....;)

D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah, but every guy that’s pissed at Jimmy has caused their own share of wrecks.....;)
Right, and it wasn't intentional. I think he just needed to admit it was his fault. That's the only part that annoyed me.

Reactions: Todd627
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Right, and it wasn't intentional. I think he just needed to admit it was his fault. That's the only part that annoyed me.
My point is that, much of the angst against Jimmy is from drivers that have intentionally wrecked to gain advantage, and Menards comments suggest that Jimmy did do it on purpose, and we really don’t know what Menard did when his spotters told him that Jimmy was breaking out, shrug.....;)

Last edited:
advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

My point is that, much of the angst against Jimmy is from drivers that have intentionally wrecked to gain advantage, and Menards comments suggest that Jimmy did do it on purpose, and we really don’t know what Menard did when his spotters told him that Jimmy was breaking out, shrug.....;)
The wreck was unfortunate but that's what happens. I based my thoughts on Jimmy saying menard came down but I didn't see that on the replay. Some of my favorite drivers have a reputation for wrecking others. 2 and 22. :rolleyes:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The wreck was unfortunate but that's what happens. I based my thoughts on Jimmy saying menard came down but I didn't see that on the replay. Some of my favorite drivers have a reputation for wrecking others. 2 and 22. :rolleyes:
For myself, I’m a Johnson fan from the beginning because of his impeccable character, he’s just a good man, never s*** talks other drivers, never intentionally wrecks others, never blames others for a loss, and after 15 years of that reputation I don’t accept that this incident is any different. The only thing different now is that with over a year without a win Jimmy has been feeling the pressure and therefore may be taking risks he wouldn’t have otherwise.

I googled and watched every single angle of the wreck available on line, combined with Jimmys statement on it following the race.

When Jimmy broke out and pulled up on Menards left rear you can see a noticeable wobble in Menards car, was that caused by draft pressure from Jimmys car, or did Menard attempt a move based upon his spotters warning that Jimmy had broke out. I don’t know that we’ll ever know for sure. One thing is clear, Menards car wobbles and he drops down away from the wall towards Jimmy before any contact, forcing Jimmy down below the double yellow line....

Watch this video:

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/1440358979995

D

Deleted member 3748

I agree with your thoughts on JJ. I used to have a 48 hot wheels on my desk, but after a while, I was like "okay, enough winning." Haha.

I didn't watch any wreck footage beyond the broadcast of the race. I'm just looking forward to Sunday now!!

Reactions: Montecresto
D

Deleted member 3748

Logano @PistonHonda ? You used to be my hero but that reduced your ranking considerably and to answer your question, my guy is Number 9.
I like all the blue ovals! I liked the 9 when it was Marcus Ambrose. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Logano @PistonHonda ? You used to be my hero but that reduced your ranking considerably and to answer your question, my guy is Number 9.
He’s a good guy and a good driver too. :cool:

advertisement