P1000 Need help: when changing oil, I filled new oil using the "Check only, no fill" hole

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Lube does that..

Smoking

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks all. Figured out I was wrong again thinking they were connected. Not sure where I got that idea from. Wouldn't have had enough oil anyway to do the engine and sub tranny only had a little over 6qts

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Thanks all. Figured out I was wrong again thinking they were connected. Not sure where I got that idea from. Wouldn't have had enough oil anyway to do the engine and sub tranny only had a little over 6qts
It's ok.. it happens. Not to me, but I hear it happens to some lesser men!

Reactions: joeymt33
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
and if that wasn't enough.. rode it yesterday and checked the oil and the dipstick won't screw back in without trying to cross thread. I noticed it was trying to friday but was able to get it in fine. Nope can't get it in now unless i was to wrench on it. I can see in the plastic threads where its trying to. attempted to use a blade and clean up the threads but still doesn't want to screw in properly. said screw it and ordered a new one.

J

JTW

and if that wasn't enough.. rode it yesterday and checked the oil and the dipstick won't screw back in without trying to cross thread. I noticed it was trying to friday but was able to get it in fine. Nope can't get it in now unless i was to wrench on it. I can see in the plastic threads where its trying to. attempted to use a blade and clean up the threads but still doesn't want to screw in properly. said screw it and ordered a new one.
You're just doing it wrong.. it lines up funny. But will screw in with ease.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You're just doing it wrong.. it lines up funny. But will screw in with ease.
Hmmm. I'll take another look. Looks like it should go straight in. Even doing it very lightly to let the threads find their own way. Idk. It's hotter than satans scrotum outside right now so I'll try again when it cools off

J

JTW

Hmmm. I'll take another look. Looks like it should go straight in. Even doing it very lightly to let the threads find their own way. Idk. It's hotter than satans scrotum outside right now so I'll try again when it cools off
You're not the first to mention this.. seems several have had issue... unless it was cross threaded at the dealer or factory... you should be able to turn it backwards, feel the thread click and then start it with no issue.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You're not the first to mention this.. seems several have had issue... unless it was cross threaded at the dealer or factory... you should be able to turn it backwards, feel the thread click and then start it with no issue.
That's what I thought to. I can get it started almost a turn before it gets hard to turn any more. Been hard since the first time I checked it. But has gotten worse. Just gonna wait on the new dipstick since I ordered it already

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
M

mcho

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2016
NW Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's what I thought to. I can get it started almost a turn before it gets hard to turn any more. Been hard since the first time I checked it. But has gotten worse. Just gonna wait on the new dipstick since I ordered it already

I have found that the easiest way for me, is to put the stick in the hole and drop it. It seams to line itself up most of the time. Never use force. Mark

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have found that the easiest way for me, is to put the stick in the hole and drop it. It seams to line itself up most of the time. Never use force. Mark
I've had that struggle too when I first got mine. I find that if I aim the tip a little (and I mean just a LITTLE) toward the rear and driver side it goes in easy. There is something down in the hole that will guide your dipstick crooked if you're not careful. If it's hard to screw in, you're on the wrong side of that obstruction. Pull it out and go back in with the correct angle. Ok...now I feel like a perv.

J

JTW

I've had that struggle too when I first got mine. I find that if I aim the tip a little (and I mean just a LITTLE) toward the rear and driver side it goes in easy. There is something down in the hole that will guide your dipstick crooked if you're not careful. If it's hard to screw in, you're on the wrong side of that obstruction. Pull it out and go back in with the correct angle. Ok...now I feel like a perv.
Got any pics of that? Lmao

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I didn't think you were supposed to talk dirty on this forum!!!:rolleyes:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We like pictures!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You should have said, just jiggle it! HA!:rolleyes:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!