P1000 Need help: when changing oil, I filled new oil using the "Check only, no fill" hole

Q

QuietStroller

Nov 26, 2022
Home
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I'm even more of an idiot than I thought. I actually put that qt and half in the sub transmission dipstick hole.....
I guess same thing. I should try to use a siphon of some sort and get the remaining oil out of the sub transmission? And then finish the oil job correctly?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm a f***ing idiot!!!!!!!!!! Idk why I thought it was 6 oil and 2 more was for trans...... So it sounds like I have a quart and a half too much. So I need to see if I can pull the plug and drain some out without leaving too much I suppose.... I'll go get a brand new drain pan tomorrow and catch what I drain out and try to reuse
Don't beat yourself up. Their a pain to change the oil in. 3 plugs, messy, spring on the filter. They could of designed them a little more simple. Note. Check your oil level when finished. I've changed my oil several times and it takes bit more than what the manual calls for to read at the top notch on the dip stick. Others say different but I've check mine everytime and it takes more. Yours may, just check it good the way the manual says to check it. And that's just changing the engine oil and filter.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do your self a favor and drop the plug and move on.Dont stick a hose into a blind hole and exspect good results.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!