sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol!! All right, so I have it all wired up everything hooked up everything is where it supposed to be except when I turn the machine on the blue light comes on the isolator tell me that it's working but my voltmeter gauges do not light up. Everything is running to the same ground so I figure the ground is good because the isolator lights up but it must be a power issue
Also don't worry about the blue light on the isolator. It is normal for it to stay on several seconds or minutes after you turn the rig off.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so you used the wiring harness. The relay that came with the kit needs to be plugged into it.

Reactions: sharp
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image I have the black wire from the relay running to a hole I tapped in the frame. The red wire running to power and the two green wires running to the neg terminal on the volt meters. Also, how long does this blue light stay on. Been about 20 min since I cut the machine off.

Reactions: AKRider
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never mind, I am officially a moron. When I unpacked the box I set all the parts to the side to include the relay that plugs into the orange piece. Then going back through the thread I saw someone said plug the relay into the orange box so I came out here plugged in and turned it on and everything works fine. So thanks for the help guys everything is looking good but I still have the question of how long will this blue lights stay on because it is now been about 35 minutes and it still on.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And, @Jimmyscoin, is good. Excellent work. It was good talking to you. Glad you got it figured out before I called. You've got the hard stuff figured out. Best wishes, and maybe someday we can take a ride together. The Denali Hwy and trails can be a lot of fun.

Reactions: sharp
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And, @Jimmyscoin, is good. Excellent work. It was good talking to you. Glad you got it figured out before I called. You've got the hard stuff figured out. Best wishes, and maybe someday we can take a ride together. The Denali Hwy and trails can be a lot of fun.
Sounds good. I'm ready to ride

Reactions: sharp and AKRider
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks again for help. Appreciate it.

Reactions: sharp and AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any time. There's tons of knowledge here. These guys are awesome, even when they're being smart @$$€$... lol

advertisement
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With new battery that light might stay on as much as 8 hours, mine did. But as the battery gets older it will go off sooner. If it bothers you turn key on without starting it, then turn lights on and the voltage will drop and turn it off. This is normal , I talked to the manufacturer about it.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
I have a ground question. I am putting a full size battery under the seat and will run a + cable to under the hood to an TruAmp. I am also going to run a - cable to under hood to a ground block. Should I also run a ground from the underseat battery to the engine ground?

J

JTW

I have a ground question. I am putting a full size battery under the seat and will run a + cable to under the hood to an TruAmp. I am also going to run a - cable to under hood to a ground block. Should I also run a ground from the underseat battery to the engine ground?
I would.. I'm running one from under the hood back to the motor

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you need to ground the full size battery and grounding block to something, but it doesn't have to be the engine. I grounded my second battery and auxiliary grounding block to the frame under the hood.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!