PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29652
Never mind, I am officially a moron. When I unpacked the box I set all the parts to the side to include the relay that plugs into the orange piece. Then going back through the thread I saw someone said plug the relay into the orange box so I came out here plugged in and turned it on and everything works fine. So thanks for the help guys everything is looking good but I still have the question of how long will this blue lights stay on because it is now been about 35 minutes and it still on.
Jimmy, that blue light stays on as long as the isolator is closed and the batteries are connected. When the light goes off, that means the isolator has opened up, isolating your second battery from the primary system. I believe the isolators open up when the system drops below 12.9volts, so if you aren't running any accessories when you kill the switch, and you have good batteries, your isolator should say closed (with blue light on) for a good while.

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jimmy, that blue light stays on as long as the isolator is closed and the batteries are connected. When the light goes off, that means the isolator has opened up, isolating your second battery from the primary system. I believe the isolators open up when the system drops below 12.9volts, so if you aren't running any accessories when you kill the switch, and you have good batteries, your isolator should say closed (with blue light on) for a good while.
yeah, so I have not been able to drive it still due to the weather and Honda not having my windshield and roof ready yet. so basically I have brand new batteries. I do not know how long it stays on but when I wake up in the morning its off. Everything seems to be good now. other than the fact that I have my lights sitting on my bench and cant install them yet because I am not sure where the windshield mounts will be yet. I hate waiting. lol

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Well I got the ground cable run from under the seat to the engine....what a pain. I also ran + and - cable from under the seat to under the hood and connected to the isolator and ground block. I plan on using a fuse block for the + wires. I used 1/0 cable as I had a bunch lefy over from the stereo install on my boat....overkill I know. I will post picture this weekend after I get it all done.

Reactions: sharp
B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Photos of 2nd battery install w/fuse block. Waiting on the switch panel for next step. 20170107 093434 20170107 093451 20170108 111526 20170108 112933

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!