Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Do it all in one shot, like ripping the bandaid off quickly. Get the pain out of the way 👍

I did everything but shocks as a "set": Jackal's P500 - The Honda Side by Side Club!

The thread that started the whole thing for me, Jackal and his frickin' list! Stirred up a monster that cost me a ton of money and countless hours in the garage. Open at your own Risk! 😈

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
One upgrade.... Elka stage 3 shocks, will improve the ride totally changes machine... then 27x11x12 RADIAL tire on 5-2 rims. Been more then pleased with Kenda HTRs, I’d say these two mods (shocks/radial) totally changed my machine for the better, even more capable and way smoother, makes me smile every time I fire it up.

The UHMW skid plate and stick stoppers you can make for I’d say significantly less then buying. I purchased some 10mm thick black UHMW sheeting used the stock skid plate as a pattern. Then 3mm sheet of black UHMW, for the stick stoppers, fender extenders and rear cab. Easy to work with using basic wood working tools.

Think I may have pictures of what I did in my link...
Happy Birthday....

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
One upgrade.... Elka stage 3 shocks, will improve the ride totally changes machine... then 27x11x12 RADIAL tire on 5-2 rims. Been more then pleased with Kenda HTRs, I’d say these two mods (shocks/radial) totally changed my machine for the better, even more capable and way smoother, makes me smile every time I fire it up.

The UHMW skid plate and stick stoppers you can make for I’d say significantly less then buying. I purchased some 10mm thick black UHMW sheeting used the stock skid plate as a pattern. Then 3mm sheet of black UHMW, for the stick stoppers, fender extenders and rear cab. Easy to work with using basic wood working tools.

Think I may have pictures of what I did in my link...
Happy Birthday....
Would like to save on the skids if possible, get to the tires and wheels sooner. Don't you have to form the UHMW pre install?

Last edited:
gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
If you can only get one. Tires all day long.
Love to but think if I put
a rock through the engine pan I'll have a great looking buggy that is nothing more than a paper weight.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would like to save on the skids if possible, get to the tires and wheels sooner. Don't you have to form the UHMW pre install?
Unless you are bending the front up as a bash plate of sorts then no. The bottom of the machine is flat. At least from the factory. lol

Reactions: gmacaluso
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Nope stock is flat and I used that as a pattern with 10mm thick black UHMW. Counter sunk the stock washers and used same length stock bolts. I didn’t put as many holes as stock to keep sticks, stumps and rocks out. Used the stock vent redirect near the engine tranny and pop riveted it into place. Has worked flawlessly since winter of 2015... have slide over many many stumps, boulders and other keerap, glad I did this mod. Easy to make with basic wood working tools, e.g., scroll saw, skill saw, drill and plumbers hole saw, sharp chisels.

Reactions: gmacaluso

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!