P1000 Need some help on dct

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I inadvertently drained the oil on the dct. Very new to these things so give me all the grief you want lol.
My question is where do I fill the dct from and what oil should I use.
Thanks much for your help.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The DCT and engine share oil, same filler opening, two filters. There are two drains, one is the crankcase, the other is the sump, so both need to be drained for a complete oil change.

You might have drained the sub trans too, so check its level. Post 3, in the thread linked in my sig, Lil_Steve shows where the sub trans filler/check is, right front of engine (but that's a Talon photo, you might not be able to see it from the right rear tire).

This is a Talon skid plate but same locations.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
CID, thanks for your help. I drained all 3 plugs. I mistakenly drained the rear most plug. Then realizing my mistake, I drained the sub trans. I believe the sub trans is a 17 mm bolt verses the rear two being smaller. I have filled the sub trans and the engine but don't know what to do about what I am calling the dct or the rear most plug. Can you help me with that?
Thanks much.

Reactions: Lady01
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The rearmost plug (small red circle) is one of the engine drains, Since you drained all 3, you need to fill the sub trans and engine. Filling the engine also fills the DCT. Both the engine and DCT use the same dip stick and fill from the same opening. I'm pretty sure the 1000 Pioneer uses the same amount of oil as the Talon which is 6.1 qts. (when changing filters too) (6 qts. 3.2 oz). Note that some oil is trapped behind the oil filters, so even if you aren't replacing the filters, you should remove them to get a full drain, then add the 6 qts. 3.2 oz.

I use a 7" x 10" baking pan to catch the oil when I remove the filters, there's about 3 cups(?) caught in there.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
CID, thanks much. I thought the engine/dct had only one plug, thus my concern. I wanted to drain the sub trans so it all worked out fine thanks to you and your help.
I did change filters also.
Best to you.

Reactions: Lady01 and CID
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
CID, thanks much. I thought the engine/dct had only one plug, thus my concern. I wanted to drain the sub trans so it all worked out fine thanks to you and your help.
I did change filters also.
Best to you.

This 》》》》