P500 Need some starting issues diagnosis

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I think that my prior issues of starting have come back.

Other than having to roll over a couple of times for the initial start but went away as soon as I had driven it ,as I could shut it off and it would start immediately(which I assumed was fuel related)the machine has been running fine and I have put about 50 miles on it this past month.

No problems till yesterday when I went out to drive it a little and it would not shift into neutral to start so I held my foot on the brake and after rolling over3 times with no start I turned the key off let it sit for a few seconds and tried it again and nothing so I turned the key off again and tried it again and nothing but a clicking sound.
Turned the key off but the display would not go off and it was showing check engine light and it was showing hot even though it had not been running at all !

I have not been able to get the battery cover off since I last had it jumped off to start it but now had to get the battery cover off so I will be able to replace the battery.

I ended up doing as others have posted here and took a screw and screwed it into the plastic to the left of the screw that was just spinning and was able to get the cover off.

When I got the cover off I saw a lot of pink insulation ,is that supposed to be there or is that yet another mouse issue ?

Also noticed that the battery terminal on the left was screwed ino the top and the one on the right was attached to the front ,Is this normal?
Do I need the wires that run to the battery both attached to the top or both attached to the front or does it not make any difference?

I would appreciate a diagnosis of what is Probably the cause of my issues.

Thanks

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
is that yet another mouse issue ?
Yup! Nasty disease riddin bastards!
Im willing to bet your whole issue now is from them. Start looking for chewed wires.

Not sure where u are storing your rig? Either get some mice replant bags for cars, and get some large bait stations to put “OUTSIDE” your storage area or find a better place to store it. The war on mice is real! Ive been have a Holocaust with them sine I bought my cabin!
It was so bad till the bait stations. I write on the TomCat bait bucket
Hitlers Final Solution In A Can! ☠️☠️☠️
I refill them every 2-3 months. I hardly have the issues as use to.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yup! Nasty disease riddin bastards!
Im willing to bet your whole issue now is from them. Start looking for chewed wires.

Not sure where u are storing your rig? Either get some mice replant bags for cars, and get some large bait stations to put “OUTSIDE” your storage area or find a better place to store it. The war on mice is real! Ive been have a Holocaust with them sine I bought my cabin!
It was so bad till the bait stations. I write on the TomCat bait bucket
Hitlers Final Solution In A Can! ☠️☠️☠️
I refill them every 2-3 months. I hardly have the issues as use to.
Thanks
I keep the Machine parked right outside of the house and would not want to have poisoned mice coming inside the House as we have 5 cats that are Hell on mice once they get in the House and we would not want one of them to eat a poisoned mouse .
I have to have an option that wont potentially harm our cats as they are like family !

I cant figure out a better plce to store it as living in the country there are mice everywhere .

I have had it parked right where we have about 10 coons come out from under the double wide trailer and eat cat food that we feed and water em every day (and figured that the coons would eat any mice that was under the double wide but apparently not !

Do the mouse repellent bags work very well ,and if so where would you put em on the machine?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I keep the Machine parked right outside of the house
Thats not good! Your inviting critters 10 times greater leaving it outside.. need to find a place to get it inside or your gonna be fighting this 24/7 and repairing the rig every time you turn around. Leving cat food outside in the open aint helping u either.
would not want to have poisoned mice coming inside the House as we have 5 cats t
Well your screwed then. Sounds like your Cats arent doing a giod enough job if your still getting mice damage IMO.
Do the mouse repellent bags work very well ,and if so where would you put em on the machine?
Yes they do, but being stored outside, not sure if they will be as effective. With moisture on the rig and just plane outdoors. As for where to put them? Any place the mice frequent on the rig.

Reactions: Mudder
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thats not good! Your inviting critters 10 times greater leaving it outside.. need to find a place to get it inside or your gonna be fighting this 24/7 and repairing the rig every time you turn around. Leving cat food outside in the open aint helping u either.

Well your screwed then. Sounds like your Cats arent doing a giod enough job if your still getting mice damage IMO.

Yes they do, but being stored outside, not sure if they will be as effective. With moisture on the rig and just plane outdoors. As for where to put them? Any place the mice frequent on the rig.
Yes I do need to get it inside,been thinking about getting a used 20 ft railroad container but heck I am not sure if even that is mouse proof and would be faced with having to keep a door open to keep it cool enough in the summer.

A minute after I step out of the Laundry room onto deck outside the coons are on top of the deck waiting for me to feed them to eat the food off of the Deck, although I imagine that some of the food I pour on top of the deck slips between the cracks of the boards and falls under the deck which may be attracting mice even though some of the coons live under the double wide, they leave none on top of the deck.

The cats inside the house do a great job Inside the house as the rare mouse that shows itself inside rarely lives longer than a minute or two unless they let it go on purpose to play with it before killing it.

No mouse damage inside that I have seen in the last 18 years, only the mouse nest in the air filter box and fresh air intake and under the hood next to where the ignition wires go through the firewall and now the insulation under the battery cover of the machine outside.

There have been no wiring issues or nest under the hood of either my wifes car or my truck which both sit under a 2 vehicle carport about 20 yards away with a gravel base.
And some times neither is moved for over a week as we are both disabled and dont leave the house much unless mainly going to the grocery store or doctors office .

For the time being, is there a particular brand of mouse repellant bags that you have had good luck with ?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes I do need to get it inside,been thinking about getting a used 20 ft railroad container but heck I am not sure if even that is mouse proof and would be faced with having to keep a door open to keep it cool enough in the summer.

A minute after I step out of the Laundry room onto deck outside the coons are on top of the deck waiting for me to feed them to eat the food off of the Deck, although I imagine that some of the food I pour on top of the deck slips between the cracks of the boards and falls under the deck which may be attracting mice even though some of the coons live under the double wide, they leave none on top of the deck.

The cats inside the house do a great job Inside the house as the rare mouse that shows itself inside rarely lives longer than a minute or two unless they let it go on purpose to play with it before killing it.

No mouse damage inside that I have seen in the last 18 years, only the mouse nest in the air filter box and fresh air intake and under the hood next to where the ignition wires go through the firewall and now the insulation under the battery cover of the machine outside.

There have been no wiring issues or nest under the hood of either my wifes car or my truck which both sit under a 2 vehicle carport about 20 yards away with a gravel base.
And some times neither is moved for over a week as we are both disabled and dont leave the house much unless mainly going to the grocery store or doctors office .

For the time being, is there a particular brand of mouse repellant bags that you have had good luck with ?
STOP FEEDING THE WILD ANIMALS!
You sound like my father in law! Holy hell man! He has them everywhere and they have gottin in his truck and chewed wires. This is the only way to stop this. I'd shoot the GD coons! Nasty disease ridin fucers!
Go to menards for the bags
From that your describing tho them bags aint gonna help till u stop feeding them. Like putting lipstick on a pig!
Alo, about ventilation in a garage/shed, join the club. Minor compared to the repairs.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Bcraig
I hope your just joking about all the wild animals (critters as you say) your feeding/think your not feeding.
If your not, This is gonna sound harsh but you dont deserve a sxs. Your destroying it!
Your gonna keep having these issues and now that this is out, There ain’t nobody thats gonna waist there time helping you anymore till you change alot if things around there. Just putting deterrent distracted stuff in the rig just putting lipstick on a pig in your case. We have customers that have destroyed their standby generators because of the same reasons you are describing. They are on the do not service list until they take care of their rodent problem

Might as well park it out in the middle of a swap every night. Same effect.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If considering a storage/shipping container or shed, baited mouse traps inside might help as well as protect the SxS investment from weather, plus an extra “garage” can be a good thing for other storage items. If so, consider adding some type of air vents if heat and humidity is an issue. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks
I keep the Machine parked right outside of the house and would not want to have poisoned mice coming inside the House as we have 5 cats that are Hell on mice once they get in the House and we would not want one of them to eat a poisoned mouse .
I have to have an option that wont potentially harm our cats as they are like family !

I cant figure out a better plce to store it as living in the country there are mice everywhere .

I have had it parked right where we have about 10 coons come out from under the double wide trailer and eat cat food that we feed and water em every day (and figured that the coons would eat any mice that was under the double wide but apparently not !

fyi - a cat eating a poisoned mouse is nothing - my dog found one of my mice\rat bars and was generally enjoying it, ate a 1/4 of a bar before I found him and was not affected - im no doctor but the poison\weight ratio for a mouse compared to a dog is like they need to eat a couple of bars to get drippy ass.

I have those rat\mouse bars everywhere and TBH, I let them lapse for a few months and for the first time in 35 years a rat appeared in my wood shed and promptly chewed spark plug wire on snowblower, ruined a couple of extension cords, endless amount of rat\mouse bars and large victor rat traps solved the problem for now but they will be back

advertisement