ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone been able to remove the nets? The bolts seem to be so well seated I am suspecting Honda figured out a way to spot weld them in place to avoid legal issues.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, they come out. I think they used the red loc-tight. Lol
Put a lot of elbow geese into it and they will pop loose. Don't beat it, U will strip it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I have stripped one using a perfect fitting Allen wrench. Didn't mess with any of the others because they are all just as tight. Probably going to have to buy a bolt removal tool.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Try a pair of vice grips. Squeeze them TIGHT.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a large enough screw head, I think it's gonna be a bolt removal tool. I don't want to cut the nets, but I don't want them on anymore.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
My dealer never installed them.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
if you heat the bolts with a torch or propane bottle alittle bit the loctite will turn loose and they should unscrew

J

jwilliams3

Nov 12, 2013
I picked up my 700-4 yesterday and tried to remove the bolts because it doesn't look like it was installed right. The netting was installed at the dealership friday and the bolts seemed to be overly tightened. I used a metric allen wrench and when it seemed like it was going to strip I stopped. Started to check to see if it was a star screw or regular allen. Has anyone successfully removed them?

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Took mine out no problem. Yes they were tight. Make sure you use a metric Allen wrench

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I removed mine the other week. They were very difficult. They are 5mm. I initially used a regular L shaped allen wrench. This worked on some, and not on others. I almost stripped a few. So, I bought a set of Kobalt metric allen sockets from Lowes. I used my torque wrench, since it's nice and long. With that combo, they came out fairly easy.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to buy a nice set of Klein T Handle allen wrenches in metric and Standard. the 5mm worked but I ended up with a bent wrench! Suckers were in there TIGHT!

B

barefootwelder

Dec 18, 2013
I used my 1/4" Makita impact driver with an allen on it.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Mine had wounded out torx. A fresh par of vice grips go them started.
Also found many loose cage bolt.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
A new pair of vice gripes will grab them. New being the key word.

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
barefootwelder said:
I used my 1/4" Makita impact driver with an allen on it.

+1 dewalt impact drill.

They all came out with some effort. I think a couple didn't have room to get the impact on them but they came with a regular metric allen. Heat would help but be carefull with the paint.

The funny thing is that for as hard as they were to get out, one u bracket fell off completely on the trailer. About 20 miles out of the dealer I noticed a net was flopping around a lot and wanted to check my straps anyway so I pulled over and a whole bracket was gone, after a little search it was just caught under the tire, but of coarse the bolts were gone. I figure they must have forgot to torque that bracket and may have only hand tightened it. It was months later when I removed the net and was surprised how hard the bolts were to remove after having two fall out when it was brand new. Once you break them loose they come easy.

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
Yes they are tight I used a star bit and took one screw out this is were I mounted a 5 inch round mirror on one of those screws worked great.

E

Eeluk

Nov 27, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-2
I need to buy a window net anchor fitting that goes on the windshield pillar. Cannot find them anywhere on the web. Anyone here want to sell one?

Last edited:
USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
I used a Dewalt 24v impact wrench. Came out fine with some noisy encouragment.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
3/8 drive 5mm Allen bit socket on a long ratchet took mine out easy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!