0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
.View attachment 137477

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Gorgeous! Thanks for the details! And yes...after much research, a 14" rim size doesn't offer any acceptable TRUCK tire size that I could find. (yes, plenty available in ATV series). But I want the compound and construction of an automotive tire because of the high mileage to be had out of them, so...235/75r15 looks like my best option. I never go in mud so ATV tires just aren't ideal for my use. Thanks again!

Bocifus

Bocifus

Jun 5, 2019
N. California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess I will start looking for a 15" rim and no lift kit. Can I put spring spacers on the stock deluxe shocks? Without hurting the camber angles?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Guess I will start looking for a 15" rim and no lift kit. Can I put spring spacers on the stock deluxe shocks? Without hurting the camber angles?
Why would you want those? Then it will really ride like shyt.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gorgeous! Thanks for the details! And yes...after much research, a 14" rim size doesn't offer any acceptable TRUCK tire size that I could find. (yes, plenty available in ATV series). But I want the compound and construction of an automotive tire because of the high mileage to be had out of them, so...235/75r15 looks like my best option. I never go in mud so ATV tires just aren't ideal for my use. Thanks again!
There are a lot of LT off road tires in that 235/75-15 size and in reality I think the tread is pretty similar. I had a set of "thunderer" tires on my first machine and now have the maxxis. Both are great and very similar tread. I bought both sets online. I usually find the cheapest guy on Ebay then call him direct to save a few more bucks for no fees.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why would you want those? Then it will really ride like shyt.

I LOVE my spacers. I ride with a ton of tools. No more bottoming out and honestly do not feel the great need to upgrade shocks now. Spacers and sway bar removal are two of the best things I have done...

I have the load leveling shocks with spacers...

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Bocifus

Bocifus

Jun 5, 2019
N. California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I LOVE my spacers. I ride with a ton of tools. No more bottoming out and honestly do not feel the great need to upgrade shocks now. Spacers and sway bar removal are two of the best things I have done...

No worries for the camber angles? 1" spacers all around and wheel spacers too? Im tryin to plan the setup.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, a better stance and ground clearance. This wont work? With the load level shocks?
You'll get more clearance but lower ride quality. It just depends where you're going and what you're doing.

Reactions: Remington
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

I'm with you, I have a 1000-5 with a small spacer left at all 4 corners. The spacers have definitely not made the ride quality any worse, if anything the ride quality it slightly better. I will add Fox shocks at some point, but can't do it at this time.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m gona add to the confusion lol. #1 you can’t go wrong with the info @Cuoutdoors has about LT tires, that’s why I went that route. Now for confusion central. Well not really. So I’ve had 15” wheels (non beadlocks) when I had my Motoclaws and stuck with 15’s (beadlocks) when I went to my 30” Lt tires. Now the difference in ride was amazing. The LT tires ride way softer than UTV tires. Combined with fox shocks now with different springs it’s even better. I love my 15”wheels. Now I confused you lol.

Ok, as for your lift and spacers. I had a lift like yours and yes, you will want some. I ended up for the ride and the look, I went with 2” in the back and 1-1/2” in the front. Otherwise you look pigeon toed lol.
You can keep your stock shocks and just put 2” spacers on it to help with the clearance with your 28’s (that’s what I did before I switched to the lift, then removed the lift and went to SATV arms) confusion again! Sorry. The spacers for your stock shocks is the cheapest easy lift to do for starters and will help your ride a bit and u can get by without spacers if you like.
I'm switching my arms and rear springs but I didn't want to add to the confusion lol

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will I need spacers with a 15" rim 5+2 and 28's LT tires
You dont "need" them. I went quite a while without and many do. If you want your front and rear wheels inline you will want 1inch spacers on the rear.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wheel spacers do add stability and stance! I personally have them on mine. and yes I also sell them. but that is a preference thing and I don't like the tippy feeling.
Do you think that the spacers add any undo and premature wear on the steering, hubs and A arms? I have been considering them for the stability. Has anyone come up with a good looking fender extension?

Bocifus

Bocifus

Jun 5, 2019
N. California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered 15" wheels with 28's/ all 7" 5+2. I will see if I need spacers or not.

J

JTW

Do you think that the spacers add any undo and premature wear on the steering, hubs and A arms? I have been considering them for the stability. Has anyone come up with a good looking fender extension?
Honestly.. probably a little. But the mud and water will likely get you first.

Reactions: Chipper and Redmoon
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spacers defiantly add stability and we have had ours on for 2 years and not had premature wear of any kind

Reactions: Redmoon
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spacers defiantly add stability and we have had ours on for 2 years and not had premature wear of any kind
RB3 which do you run? The 1 - 1.5 or the 1.5 - 2? I would be going with a 28x10x14 tire all of the way around with stock LE rims, at least for now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!