New 1000R owner in AZ- Take 2

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I posted earlier, then edited my post, and then it disappeared!??? If it comes back, I apologize for the double post.

Hello! I have already made a few posts here, but thought maybe I should do an "official" introduction. I put a deposit on a 2021 1000R last week. It looks like it may be ready this week, so Merry Christmas to me! I am 65 years old and started my off road journey at the age of 10, on a mini bike from J.C. Penney! I have had motorcycles pretty much since then. I did sell my last running motorcycle, a Honda XR650L, this summer. My first ATV was a 1980 Honda ATC200. I have had ATVs ever since, usually more than one at a time. Also had some snowmobiles along the way. My current ride is a 2015 Polaris 1000 Touring, with about 10k miles. I love this machine! I have resisted the SxS urge until now, because I really do enjoy the ATV riding experience. But, I am intrigued with the Honda transmission, and decided to give the Talon a try. I know that I will be spending many $$$ on parts and accessories on the new toy in the coming weeks and months. I have already started, in fact! I will be on here looking for tips and advice. I am retired and live near Congress, AZ, so there is great riding potential right out of my door. Thanks!

Tom, aka Boundertom

PS: When I first started on internet forums and such, I owned a Bounder motorhome. Hence, Boundertom. I have just stuck with that over the years, wherever I go.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the Honda dimension. You'll find a lotta nice people and helpful, too.
You meet the nicest people on.

It'll try to locate the photo is a friend's ATC 200 snorkelled with a piece of SEARS dryer hose.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk