New 1000R owner in AZ- Take 2

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I posted earlier, then edited my post, and then it disappeared!??? If it comes back, I apologize for the double post.

Hello! I have already made a few posts here, but thought maybe I should do an "official" introduction. I put a deposit on a 2021 1000R last week. It looks like it may be ready this week, so Merry Christmas to me! I am 65 years old and started my off road journey at the age of 10, on a mini bike from J.C. Penney! I have had motorcycles pretty much since then. I did sell my last running motorcycle, a Honda XR650L, this summer. My first ATV was a 1980 Honda ATC200. I have had ATVs ever since, usually more than one at a time. Also had some snowmobiles along the way. My current ride is a 2015 Polaris 1000 Touring, with about 10k miles. I love this machine! I have resisted the SxS urge until now, because I really do enjoy the ATV riding experience. But, I am intrigued with the Honda transmission, and decided to give the Talon a try. I know that I will be spending many $$$ on parts and accessories on the new toy in the coming weeks and months. I have already started, in fact! I will be on here looking for tips and advice. I am retired and live near Congress, AZ, so there is great riding potential right out of my door. Thanks!

Tom, aka Boundertom

PS: When I first started on internet forums and such, I owned a Bounder motorhome. Hence, Boundertom. I have just stuck with that over the years, wherever I go.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the Honda dimension. You'll find a lotta nice people and helpful, too.
You meet the nicest people on.

It'll try to locate the photo is a friend's ATC 200 snorkelled with a piece of SEARS dryer hose.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!