New 1000R owner in AZ

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Hello! I have made a few posts already, but thought maybe I should make an official introduction. I put a deposit on a new 1000R last week. It looks like it may be ready to pick up this week. Merry Christmas to me! I have been into off road stuff since I was about 10 years old. I am 65 now. I started with a mini bike from JC Penney! I started on ATVs in 1980 with a Honda ATC200. Current ride is a 2015 Polaris 1000 touring, with just over 10k miles. I really like this machine! I have resisted going to SxS, as I really like the ATV riding experience. But, I am intrigued with the Honda transmission, and that pushed me into giving it a try. I will be spending lots of money on accessories in the coming weeks and months, and I will be on here looking for tips and advice. I live near Congress, AZ, so there is lots of riding country right out of my door. Thanks!

ETA: My username came about because when I first got into internet forums, etc., I owned a Bounder motorhome. I have just stuck with that pretty much everywhere I go, so I don't get confused!

Tom, AKA Boundertom

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State.

Don't forget to post some pics once you pick it up.

Congrats!!!

#NTC

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
There is a few Congress guys that go fast and do big 75 to 125 mile rides. I'm usually camping there all winter. Been riding my E-bike this year but its getting too cold up North so I will be riding the desert next month and until it gets too hot. You will need to improve the air filter intake location.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma, Tom. Welcome to the forum. My neighbor has a Polaris Touring that I have enjoyed riding a few times.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!