New accessories arrive

P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
. Finally got the rear bumper and winch adapter plate and wiring and winch installed.... Ready to roll and tow....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,069
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,055
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,062
P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,025
M

markl

Sep 11, 2014
Winch looks great. Do you have a picture of the control switch?
Only thing I don't like is the extra length it adds. I want to carry mine in a pickup with 6.5 foot box. Hopefully its not too much of an issue if the bumper hits the front box rail first.

P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
DG Tailgate EX Support Bars to better support the load over the tailgate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 908
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 910
P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
I loaded it into my 6' 6" short box, I put down a 3/4" sheet of plywood to spread the weight over the tailgate, and used the DG Tailgate Ex support to better hold the load. It FIT with the added winch. No one tailgates me on the express way....... Load is supported using 4 Retractable racket straps, ea. 10' long. Last weekend I rented a Uhaul 5'x9' ramped cycle trailer. Perfect fit. Brought it home from the cabin for winch install, oil change, and rear bumper install. One day fast turn around by myself.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks good. Have you had it out on the trail yet? What you think of it? I got to get my hands on one.... Lol

R

rd7fox

Aug 22, 2014
Is that an aftermarket or a Honda winch mount kit?

P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
Honda supplied Warner 2500# winch with the proper supplied winch plate adapter kit and ....... Newly required wiring harness. Took over 2 months for the adapter and then they found a wiring harness was required that was not in the adapter kit. Used the winch this weekend. Works great. Switch is mounted on the dash next to the 4x4 switch lever.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!