NEW from MN

B

Borg_One71

Jul 18, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All! Just joined as I'm looking for my first SXS (haven't purchased yet).

I live in-town (small, rural town). So I'm needing something that I can zoom (not in the fast sense) around town and also plow some snow when winter hits. When I say plow, I mean only 50 feet or so of sidewalk and 60 feet of driveway, nothing crazy. Light duty for sure, I've done it with a shovel for the last 6 years (keeps me in shape, but I'm sporting a new 'dad-bod' these days).

The occasional trips to the woods is secondary, and will be fun too!

Everything I've researched has been pointing me to the Honda Pioneer 500. I'm not one that is super mechanically inclined... so the Honda reliability is something that comes through in the Googlin that I've done!

Local regulations say I'll need blinkers for in-town driving. So I'll get those for sure, a plow, and a full windshield. Any other 'must have' or 'should have' options that you'd personally recommend from experience? Also, since I'm still shopping, what do you think a fair price is for a new 2020 Pioneer 500? Just the base model, not accessories.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome. My 2016 P500 has not needed anything other than regular maintenance. I have not really kept up with pricing since I bought mine. I know it can vary from state to state, Hopefully someone from your area will chime in. Oh yeah, what's a snowplow? ;)

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't start new from MN. You have to start with ABCD...Children these days.....Welcome from the underside of the crusty old dollop of velveeta Splattered in days gone past....before the Pioneers even....possibly from another dimension entirely...It's space cheese really, like primordial ooze it is!

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Welcome from small town rural MN also. After owning ATV’s for years we bought our first SxS 3 weeks ago, Pioneer 700-4, and absolutely love it! The 500 is a cool machine, go for it you won’t regret it.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State :cool:

Sounds like the P500 is exactly what you need.

#NTC

TFqmzttQjyBz5YlqAteQ

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Hand between the Great Lakes!

P5 is a good little machine and tuff! Had one as a second machine myself for a bit. Dont forget, whatever you get we need Pics! Lots of Pics
A5F49758 52D7 4DEC B1B3 D8DEE0F2305E

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi All! Just joined as I'm looking for my first SXS (haven't purchased yet).

I live in-town (small, rural town). So I'm needing something that I can zoom (not in the fast sense) around town and also plow some snow when winter hits. When I say plow, I mean only 50 feet or so of sidewalk and 60 feet of driveway, nothing crazy. Light duty for sure, I've done it with a shovel for the last 6 years (keeps me in shape, but I'm sporting a new 'dad-bod' these days).

The occasional trips to the woods is secondary, and will be fun too!

Everything I've researched has been pointing me to the Honda Pioneer 500. I'm not one that is super mechanically inclined... so the Honda reliability is something that comes through in the Googlin that I've done!

Local regulations say I'll need blinkers for in-town driving. So I'll get those for sure, a plow, and a full windshield. Any other 'must have' or 'should have' options that you'd personally recommend from experience? Also, since I'm still shopping, what do you think a fair price is for a new 2020 Pioneer 500? Just the base model, not accessories.
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! I would suggest a grin guard, your mouth is going to get sore!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from South FL!

Yesssss, pics or it ain't happenedededed 😂
As far as add-ons/accessories to recommend, well..........that can be a little difficult to figure out:rolleyes:, but we do a darn good job at helping you spend $$$ 😂😂😂 good luck! Keep us posted.

#NTC

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from South FL!

Yesssss, pics or it ain't happenedededed 😂
As far as add-ons/accessories to recommend, well..........that can be a little difficult to figure out:rolleyes:, but we do a darn good job at helping you spend $$$ 😂😂😂 good luck! Keep us posted.

#NTC
6FB8921D 9A58 4615 8B30 5ED5A24E66C4

P

Pedpole

Apr 12, 2020
UP
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from the UP of Michigan! Recently bought a Pioneer 700-4 deluxe and it is a great machine. Honda’s reliabilit was a high selling point for me along with 4 seats when needed in a normal length sis.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!