• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Besserman85

Jan 8, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I will take one if you will put me on the list. I have a 2020 LV , if you have a plate for the LV designed by the time you get to me I will take one that relocates the lights to the center if you don’t that’s fine also. Thank you!

Reactions: sspeederr
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ok everyone just wanted to post a little update to the packing I have attached a photo you kit will arrive with the switch plate attached to pod via 1 screw in back please retain this screw you will need it to install the switch plate the rest of supplies will be in a bag inside.
Thanks

C

CVtalon

May 30, 2019
Central California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Put me on the list pls. Full kit with blank panel. I’ll drill for boost and A/F radio gauges myself. I’ll send a PM.

Thank you for doing this.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Here is a photo of the solid plate for those that have requested one, those that have paid kits ship Tuesday due to holiday
20210116 221622
20210116 221550

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I REALLY want one of these for my race car along with the solid plate!!

Only problem is that I am running a Hess steering quickener and my column no longer resembles anything close to stock.....

20210117 185129
20210117 185153

Is there any way I could get one of the gauge pod holders printed with extra meat added to the bottom so that I could drill and tap it to mount it my own way?

My thought is to remove the top two allen bolts in the quickener and buy/make a pair of spacers that would come out past the housing enough to allow me to mount a 90° bent plate to it with longer bolts. And then use that plate to hold the pod. Housing is 3" wide and the plate can be also. If you added extra material 1.5" from center in both directions I could definitely make one of these work. :cool:

Edit: maybe a 3" wide pad with a triangular brace off the back of the pod for support?

Any chance you can post pictures of the bottom of the pod?

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
I REALLY want one of these for my race car along with the solid plate!!

Only problem is that I am running a Hess steering quickener and my column no longer resembles anything close to stock.....

View attachment 249550View attachment 249551

Is there any way I could get one of the gauge pod holders printed with extra meat added to the bottom so that I could drill and tap it to mount it my own way?

My thought is to remove the top two allen bolts in the quickener and buy/make a pair of spacers that would come out past the housing enough to allow me to mount a 90° bent plate to it with longer bolts. And then use that plate to hold the pod. Housing is 3" wide and the plate can be also. If you added extra material 1.5" from center in both directions I could definitely make one of these work. :cool:

Edit: maybe a 3" wide pad with a triangular brace off the back of the pod for support?

Any chance you can post pictures of the bottom of the pod?

ill sell you my piece i got from another company and should work for your set up. Only reason im selling in is because i like the 3d pod better

8CA02A3B 56AF 4BBF 9DF5 13F03CCEBE0F

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
ill sell you my piece i got from another company and should work for your set up. Only reason im selling in is because i like the 3d pod better

View attachment 249556

That will not work for me. It blocks the tilt from going all the way up and I need it to go all the way up and pull the wheel off for my 6'2" self to climb out of the race seat and out the window. I also want to be able to adjust the height so it centers up in my wheel. But thanks for the offer!

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm interested. I watched Terry's video of installing PaulF's unit. Does your kit include the wiring an stuff like PaulF's? Sorry if this question has been addressed already, but I didn't think I saw a post about it.

Corvettejo

Corvettejo

Jan 6, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
So i thought I would post a few pictures to show what is included in the "Kit" I purchased from Sspeedrr . If you have any doubts about his product hopefully this will clear them up. I waited for someone else to show the build quality and what was included for the money to no avail. As you can see from the images below the kit was carefully packaged to prevent damage during shipping. The gauge pod and the filler panel are both built very sturdy and should withstand quite a bit of use. Included in the package you will find the needed lengths of wire, as well as quality butt connectors with heat shrink attached and all the necessary screws you will need to complete the install. I opted for the solid filler panel as I have a live valve and intend on moving my LV display over to the original gauge position along with a few switches. SSpeedrr has shown me the LV filler he has in progress an it looks like it will be an easy swap if my solution doesn't pan out.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
So i thought I would post a few pictures to show what is included in the "Kit" I purchased from Sspeedrr . If you have any doubts about his product hopefully this will clear them up. I waited for someone else to show the build quality and what was included for the money to no avail. As you can see from the images below the kit was carefully packaged to prevent damage during shipping. The gauge pod and the filler panel are both built very sturdy and should withstand quite a bit of use. Included in the package you will find the needed lengths of wire, as well as quality butt connectors with heat shrink attached and all the necessary screws you will need to complete the install. I opted for the solid filler panel as I have a live valve and intend on moving my LV display over to the original gauge position along with a few switches. SSpeedrr has shown me the LV filler he has in progress an it looks like it will be an easy swap if my solution doesn't pan out.

View attachment 251092View attachment 251093View attachment 251094
Thanks for the write up I was hoping someone would have done so already but I do appreciate you write up and pictures please I invite all to post there pictures.
I'm interested. I watched Terry's video of installing PaulF's unit. Does your kit include the wiring an stuff like PaulF's? Sorry if this question has been addressed already, but I didn't think I saw a post about it.

As you can see from Corvettejo pic above I included all needed wire, screws, and connectors

Once again thanks to everyone for your support and patience I am still taking orders and adding to the waiting list. I am processing all orders as fast as I can.
PLEASE NOTE if I ha e contacted you for payment I will not begin making your kit until you pay this is your spot in line, so as someone pays I make there kit and so on. if I have requested payment and have not received it I will send another message, yet if not paid I will move on to the next person inline. If you pay me several days or weeks after I will let you know when I will be making your kit upon completion of others that have paid in a timely manner. I will note your wait ticket non pay and after completing all kits I will send a final reminder asking if you are still interested.
I hope I do not come off as rude but I am just trying to be fair to all inline and make kits as fast as possible.
Thanks to all for your orders and patience.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!