JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've lived here all my life and I've never been out to the compound. I thought it was all roads?? Didn't know there are trails and stuff. Does RR mean River Ranch? I googled them and didn't see any trail riding offered by them. Lots of stuff to do but didn't look like they want us hauling ass in our noisy machines.
Compound is a bit of everything, paved roads,dirt roads, canals, mud holes, trails, open play areas, etc. Yes RR (river ranch) they have a HUGE area dedicated to riding. They allow what ever you want to bring and ride, night events, holidays and what not. But you have to be "owner" to get in or be with someone that has guest passes. You being so close to the compound that'd be a good place to go often, my buddy and I go and spend a good part od the day everytime we go.

Reactions: Ridinfool and wrhii
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a quote from the forum owner for joining the pub....
Welcome to The Pub!
This area is brought to you by the wonderful members of the Honda SxS Club.

BE WARNED... Everyone is drunk!
***Remember, I warned you!

Some things to know.
  • If you are thin skinned, need not apply!
  • If you get offended easily, need not apply!
  • Not 100% private. Anyone can request in and most all will be approved first, and second go around.
  • Area is not 100% free from public eye.
  • Though this area will be the more relaxed, it is not free from censorship. Rules below apply.
  • ..... Forgot what else I had to put here!

The Rules.
Rules are set to be self governed by the members. If you have a problem its best to you work out a solution with the member.
  • No political Bull*hit. Because that's all it is anyways.
  • No deep religious talk. There is only 1 God. Hope HE is yours too!
  • No tripple x, or raunchy adult discussions. Some of the s*it I have deleted is just nasty.
Like most pub fights, everyone will gets kicked out!

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Compound is a bit of everything, paved roads,dirt roads, canals, mud holes, trails, open play areas, etc. Yes RR (river ranch) they have a HUGE area dedicated to riding. They allow what ever you want to bring and ride, night events, holidays and what not. But you have to be "owner" to get in or be with someone that has guest passes. You being so close to the compound that'd be a good place to go often, my buddy and I go and spend a good part od the day everytime we go.

Sweet thanks for the info. I'll def head to the compound soon.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPDATE: Just went and picked out my hard top roof, stereo system and snorkel. The Wern winch and mounting bracket was over 750 bucks. Screw that crap. I went with another brand. If it breaks I can buy another one and still be less than that dang Wern.

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I put a warn axom 45-s on my 500. The winch is the most important accessory you can put on these things when you need it...... ive tried cheaper winches on my old bike and they all have gave me issues after a few months to a year. My advice is stick with Warn, and the bigger the winch the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put a warn axom 45-s on my 500. The winch is the most important accessory you can put on these things when you need it...... ive tried cheaper winches on my old bike and they all have gave me issues after a few months to a year. My advice is stick with Warn, and the bigger the winch the better.

I knew somebody would come along and tell me this. LOL. It's all good. I'm new to all this so I won't be burying it in a mud pit any time soon. But I appreciate the help none the less.

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I knew somebody would come along and tell me this. LOL. It's all good. I'm new to all this so I won't be burying it in a mud pit any time soon. But I appreciate the help none the less.

It’s not even about mud pits at all. Just using it around the house pulling stuff around, Getting hung up in a ditch, pulling out you buddy’s Rzr, etc. I had a 3000lb superwinch on my old king quad 300 and it wouldn’t even drag it across the grass. It’s sad what some winch companies advertise. I personally have never heard about viper before getting on this site, but hf, superwinch, etc are junk I’m my book due to personal experience.

Equally important is having recovery gear on board. Snatch block, tree straps and shackles at minimum.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got the Honda OEM roof and a viper 5000# wEnch, and I’m real happy with both. Like @Mrmachinist said recovery gear is a must, I have a 30 ft tow strap 8ft tree saver a couple of soft shackles in an old battery drill bag and it goes everywhere the buggy goes. Welcome to the forum from WNC.👍

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPDATE2: I brought her home last night. My accessories won't be in and installed until later next week. I drove it around my neighborhood and we have some empty 2 acres lots that I was able to do some "offroading" on. I was very surprised at how fast this thing gets up and goes. Dang.

This girl is gonna bring me lots of fun times.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have had mine over 4 years and have yet to need a winch!;)

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had mine over 4 years and have yet to need a winch!;)

That's kinda where I'm at. I don't see me really abusing this brand new baby. I'll use my winch here and there just to exercise it but I ain't gonna rely on it to pull me out of a 6ft deep mud hole. Cuz I ain't never going in a mud hole that deep. LOL

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's kinda where I'm at. I don't see me really abusing this brand new baby. I'll use my winch here and there just to exercise it but I ain't gonna rely on it to pull me out of a 6ft deep mud hole. Cuz I ain't never going in a mud hole that deep. LOL
As many have learned the hard way though.....extend those vent lines just in case a little hole you can't get around ends up being deeper than you think. But yeah I avoid becoming a submarine as well. :)

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Well I broke mine in today (had it a week and a half) . Stuck it in a hole twice and had to winch out. I’m not a mud fan but we had a little fun. Cleaning it is another story. Over an hour with my pressure washer and I’m still not done. All it takes is one hole and you will need the winch. I slid into it by accident while “drifting” in the slick mud

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!