New Guy here.... need winch and roof help

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Configuring my new 1000-5 with the dealer now. Any advice on the roof to get and the winch for the front?? Should I just go with what the Honda dealer has or is there after market stuff that is better?? Also they have a 700 watt sound bar they can install. Anyone got these items on theirs??

Can't wait to hit the trails around my house!!!!!!!!!!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda roof isn't your only option but is the most common.
Winch...several solid choices in that area. Site store has nice stuff. PM @Hondasxs for a deal. Warn is pretty much the standard everyone compares to. Viper and Superwinch are just as common anymore though. I'd go 4500 lb or higher for the p1k-5 personally.

Welcome to the club.
Pics or it didn't happen
Red is the fastest color

#NTC

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The Honda OEM roof is great! Takes a good beating and slides well when you lean on it 😉. As far as a winch definitely at least a 4,500 lb minimum. Sound bars are pretty much like anything else, it comes down to what kinda sound you r going for (preference)

Like the Lego man said, pics or it didn't happen!!
#NTC

And yes.........red is the fastest color 😂

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Configuring my new 1000-5 with the dealer now. Any advice on the roof to get and the winch for the front?? Should I just go with what the Honda dealer has or is there after market stuff that is better?? Also they have a 700 watt sound bar they can install. Anyone got these items on theirs??

Can't wait to hit the trails around my house!!!!!!!!!!
Where do you guys have trails near you? Aside from the compound I haven't found any up there. I'm always looking for new spots to ride

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda roof isn't your only option but is the most common.
Winch...several solid choices in that area. Site store has nice stuff. PM @Hondasxs for a deal. Warn is pretty much the standard everyone compares to. Viper and Superwinch are just as common anymore though. I'd go 4500 lb or higher for the p1k-5 personally.

Welcome to the club.
Pics or it didn't happen
Red is the fastest color

#NTC

Sorry...... going with white. LOL
IMG 3064   Copy

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do you guys have trails near you? Aside from the compound I haven't found any up there. I'm always looking for new spots to ride

I don't know yet. LOL. Google Maps tells me there are tons and a buddy of mine said there are tons because he's ridden them. Once I take delivery of this bad girl I'm gonna hit my buddy up and ask where to go. I can't wait to get dirty!!!!!!!

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda OEM roof is great! Takes a good beating and slides well when you lean on it 😉. As far as a winch definitely at least a 4,500 lb minimum. Sound bars are pretty much like anything else, it comes down to what kinda sound you r going for (preference)

Like the Lego man said, pics or it didn't happen!!
#NTC

And yes.........red is the fastest color 😂

I posted a pic of my WHITE model. Red is for fire fighters. LOL

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Keep us posted on what trails you find bud, I usually got up to the compound in Palm Bay maybe once a month. RR isn't that far from you either but you need a access deed. If ya don't mind, let me know what you find for trails 👍

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep us posted on what trails you find bud, I usually got up to the compound in Palm Bay maybe once a month. RR isn't that far from you either but you need a access deed. If ya don't mind, let me know what you find for trails 👍

I've lived here all my life and I've never been out to the compound. I thought it was all roads?? Didn't know there are trails and stuff. Does RR mean River Ranch? I googled them and didn't see any trail riding offered by them. Lots of stuff to do but didn't look like they want us hauling ass in our noisy machines.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!